THE CAMPFIRE COLOSSUS
- TNT Likes 'West's' Performance. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;8/1/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p4
Reports on the success attained by the television miniseries "Into the West," since June 2005. Comments on the ratings of the television program; Importance of the ratings to the performance of television network TNT; Influence of the television series on older audience in the U.S.
- Custer's Last Sitcom: Decolonized Viewing of the Sitcom's "Indian." Tahmahkera, Dustin // American Indian Quarterly;Summer2008, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p324
This article discusses decolonized viewing, an alternative method of viewing popular U.S. television shows which the author believes dehumanize Native American Indians. Decolonized viewing, the author states, is a critical approach of resistance to U.S. television content. The author employs...
- Cable Savors June Boom. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the increase in primetime household share in the U.S. cable television industry for the second quarter of 2005. Primetime rating posted by Turner Network Television during the premieres of "The Closer" and "Into the West"; Number of viewers of the program "Into the West" in its...
- Couch Potato Alert. // Current Health 1;Apr/May2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p2
Provides information on the Television-Turnoff Week celebrated in the U.S. on April 22 to 28, 2002.
- NATPE's a time to find new model. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p11
Reports the need for the National Association of Television Program Executives to devise a business model for programming and advertising deals in the United States. Analysis of the shift in audience share; Creation of television station platforms aimed at regulating competition; Expansion of...
- Why won't television grow up? Thomas, Vicki; Wolfe, David B. // American Demographics;May95, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p24
Emphasizes the need for changes among television networks in order to service a maturing American audience. Growth in the number of experienced, affluent and older customers; Influence of outdated thinking and inaccurate statistics on television executives; Bureau of Labor Statistics' Consumer...
- Syndication wrap-up. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/29/99, Vol. 129 Issue 49, p33
Presents several charts on top television programs in the United States from November 1-7, 1999. Rank of the top television programs based on viewership; Number of television households gathered in the survey; Comparison on the average audience and gross aggregate average of television...
- Broadcast Watch. Ray, Kenneth // Broadcasting & Cable;10/8/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 42, p28
Presents a chart depicting the broadcast network prime time rating in the United States as of September 2001. List of top ten shows of the week; List of the top court shows; Number of viewers for the show 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire.'
- New shows fail to get viewers. Pursell, Chris // Electronic Media;10/02/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p8
Presents results of a survey on the ratings share of television shows conducted by Nielsen Media Research in the United States as of September 2000. Includes rise in the audience share of the court shows 'Power of Attorney' and 'Judge Hatchett'; Data on viewership of talk shows; Coverage and...