SWIMMING WITH THE BIG FISH
- New music web rocks the ratings. Goodfellow, Melanie // Variety;8/3/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 10, p26
Reports on the viewers ratings issued for the Israeli music channel Music 24 in July 2003. Response of viewers on the music channel; Background of the channel.
- ABC Family Shifts Struggling Series. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p12
Lower-than-expected ratings have forced cable television network ABC Family to make scheduling changes for two of its original reality series, 'My Life as a Sitcom and The Last Resort.' In the month of February 2003, the network will add extra plays of Sitcom and strip Resort in an effort to...
- ADULT SWIM IN A BOX. Latchem, John // Home Media Magazine;10/19/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p12
The article reviews the DVD box-set "Adult Swim in a Box," containing complete episodes of several TV series, including "Aqua Teen Hunger Force," "Metalocalypse" and "Space Ghost Coast to Coast."
- TV torment: No sweeps! Mullman, Jeremy // Crain's Chicago Business;7/12/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p1
Sweeps, the exposï¿½s, stunts and network tie-ins that erupt thrice annually on local newscasts, could be swept aside by a change in the way television audiences are measured. Nielsen Media Research Inc., whose ratings determine advertising rates, is scheduled to begin using electronic people...
- Nielsen Shifts Local Metrics. Renfrow, Jacqueline // Response;Dec2009, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the decision of Nielsen to change the metric upon which advertising deals for local television advertisements in the U.S. are measured. Nielsen wants to implement a measurement that would account for viewers who watch either live or within 24-hour of air time. According to...
- New Nielsen:. // CableFAX Daily;6/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 116, p1
Reports on the launch of an aggressive plan by Nielsen which will allow the company to measure television viewing whether they are watched on the Internet , at home or on cell phones. Reason behind the move; Technology to be used by the company across all multiple platforms to measure...
- ON THE AIR: From Elsinore. Carson, Saul // New Republic;3/19/51, Vol. 124 Issue 12, p22
The article focuses on various radio and television programs rating. Radio and television like to boast of their wide audience acceptance. Accuse a broadcaster of not providing enough programs of sufficient worth to warrant really large audiences most of the time, and they will point to the...
- Television ready for qualitative ratings system. Wulfsberg, Rolf M.; Holt, Steven A. // Marketing News;1/3/1986, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p17
Focuses on the development of a ratings system by the Television Audience Assessment (TAA) that will be able to determine how many television sets are tuned to a program and whether the audience is likely to be in front of the set and involved in the show. Methods for determining the appeal of...
- On a Roll. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/12/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 28, p18
Discusses factors that influenced the rise in the ratings of the History Channel and the growth of its television viewers in July 2004. Percentage of television viewers; Estimated revenues in 2003; Television programs which contributed to the rating's growth.