- Cable series consider syndication arena. Pursell, Chris // Electronic Media;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p1A
Reports on the transition of cable television programs in the United States into the syndication arena. Growing popularity of cable television series; Increase in the number of cable programs; Success that October Moon's `MTV's The Real World' off-cable series has had in syndication; Prospects...
- TOP OF THE 'WORLD'. // Entertainment Weekly;2/27/2004, Issue 753, p87
Presents a list of the top ranking cable and syndicated television shows in the U.S. from January 26 to February 8, 2004, including "Budweiser Shootout," from TNT.
- Finding New Roads to Syndie Success. Marcus, Mort; Bernstein, Ira // Television Week;7/7/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p10
The author offers insights on the decline of television syndication. He says that nowadays, the cable industry can either choose to continue going down this same path or stop the grieving and start adapting to a challenging market. He argues that in a tough business climate, it is even more...
- Focus Minneapolis-St. Paul. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/25/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 27, p23
Presents charts dealing with television broadcasting in the Twin Cities, Minnesota. Top local commercial television stations; Number of cable subscribers; Top syndicated show in May 2001.
- A diminishing return? Ault, Susanne // Broadcasting & Cable;7/30/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 32, p22
Reports on airing of sitcoms on cable television in the United States as of July 30, 2001. Impact on syndication of sitcoms in the broadcast television market.
- Jones uploads shows to syndication. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;1/8/96, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p58
Reports that Jones Computer Network (JCN) is eyeing the American television program syndication market for its off-cable programming. Previous foray into the international syndication business; Television series produced for the network.
- Seeking a wider audience. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;01/21/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 3, p35
Reports the plan of syndication distributor The African Heritage Network to change its name and bring out a pair of weekend series for the 2002-03 season. History of The African Heritage Network; Implication of the change of name; Services offered by The African Heritage.
- `ET,' `Copy' going long on CBS O&Os. Brennan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter;2/22/95, Vol. 336 Issue 6, p8
Reports that Paramount Domestic Television Distribution's hit first-run syndicated television shows `Entertainment Tonight' and `Hard Copy' have long-term access commitments in key cities.
- Rethinking the OFF-NET MARKET. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/30/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 40, p20
Focuses on the effects of cable syndication on television programming in the U.S. Failure of cable networks to justify huge license fees; Search of second and third tier networks for recognizable programs; Decision of cable networks to share shows.