Big Year for the Big 10
- Cable Consolidates Lead. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;9/2/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 31, p6
Reports on the growth of aggregate television ratings of cable networks in the U.S. from May 27 to August 25, 2002. Factors which contribute to the ratings success; Networks that post the highest household delivery; Reason for the successful rating of cable networks during summer according to...
- Feature bows fuel USA surge. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;06/19/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 12, p1
Reports that United States-based cable network USA Networks claimed the five highest-rated theatrical network premieres from January to June 2001. Ratings posted by the films 'The Waterboy,' 'Six Days Seven Nights' and 'Mercury Rising'; Comparative performance with Turner Broadcasting Systems'...
- 'Closer' Drives TNT's Super Sunday. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p13
The article reports that Turner Network Television was the highest-rated cable network during the Indianapolis Colts' 29-17 over the Chicago Bears in Super Bowl XLI on February 4, 2007. Turner Network Television banked on the strength of its "The Closer" marathon television program in the United...
- USA SUMMER SIZZLES. Dempsey, John // Variety;9/1/2008, Vol. 412 Issue 3, p15
The article reports on the success of the USA Network against all other cable television networks. USA was ranked first in 2006 for number of primetime viewers, and in 2007 and 2008 it pushed farther and farther ahead of its closest rival, TNT. In the summer of 2008, USA had several top rated...
- DANDY DEBUTS. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/24/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 26, p16
Focuses on the rating of the television shows of Court TV in the U.S. Investigation of crimes; Percentage of the rating for the premiere series; Improvement of the cable show.
- Cable Ratings Sagged in August, But Lifetime Soared. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;9/3/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 32, p5
Reports the business status of the cable networks as of August 2001 in the U.S. Effect of the negative ratings on the station's programming; Increase on the rating of the prime time programs; Impact of prime time programs on households.
- Cable gains viewers. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;09/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p8
Reports increase in the viewership and ratings of cable televisions in the United States. Percentage increase in viewership and ratings of the TV program 'Survivor' of CBS; Performance of TBS Superstation in terms of prime time rating; TV rating of 'Sunday Night NFL' of ESPN; Viewership on the...
- People's Choice 50 top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/21/97, Vol. 127 Issue 30, p90
Presents a list of the top 50 basic cable programs in the United States for the week ended July 13, 1997 as compiled by the Nielsen Media Research and Turner Research.
- CABLE'S TOP 25 PEOPLE'S CHOICE. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/26/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 27, p47
Presents charts depicting the top cable programs for the week of June 12 to 18, 2000 in the United States. List of the top programs; Schedule of airtime; Data on cable rating and coverage area rating within the cable network's range; Information on the US rating based on the television...