THIS JUST IN
- It's Miller time at the Roundtable. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;4/13/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 8, p2
Reports that Hollywood Radio & Television Society has brought together a distinguished panel of programming chiefs from cable networks, then used them as props for a lunchtime episode of "Dennis Miller." Trend, in which executives are deemed so risk-averse that public forums have become...
- In the Company of Giants. Haley, Kathy // CED;Nov2003 Supplement, Vol. 29, p3B
Reports on the induction of a number of television industry executives as new members of the Cable Hall of Fame in Denver, Colorado. Background of the inductees; Details on the programs and activities; Contribution of the awardees to the vitality of the cable television industry.
- 'The men and women who control broadcasting believe that television is an idiot's lantern' Cox, David // New Statesman;12/9/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4617, p27
Deals with the skepticism of television executives in Great Britain on the capacity of television broadcasting and programming to make sense of the news. Tasks society could require of the media; Evaluation of television networks and their television programs; Criticisms on broadcast...
- Networking. // Cable World (10427228);3/25/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p42
Presents news on some cable television network executives in the U.S. as of March 25, 2002. Recipient of the Time Warner Cable 2001 High School Cranial Crunch championship trophy; Partnership between Lifetime Television and New York Women in Film and Television.
- BalvÃn dismissal called political charade, poorly timed. Dragomir, Marius // Prague Business Journal;12/2/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p1
Reports on key issues relevant to the dismissal of Jiri Balvin, executive head of Czech Television. Control of the country's public broadcaster; Details about the dismissal; Implications for the broadcasting sector; Struggle between politicians and lobbyists.
- FORUM SETS ITS STAGE. Hopewell, John // Daily Variety;2/19/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 57, p18
Highlights the TV Forum Europe in Barcelona, Spain. Network companies who signed up for the forum; Organizers of the forum; Budget allocation for forum.
- Are we getting through? // Columbia Journalism Review;Fall1966, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p41
This article presents an excerpt from The Information War, a discussion filmed at the Caravelle Hotel in Saigon and broadcast on stations of the National Educational Television network in August 1966.
- Singapore preps for Asia TV Forum. Murdoch, Blake // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/4/2001, Vol. 371 Issue 8, p70
Announces the Asia TV Forum in Singapore. Theme of the forum; Speakers to the forum; Programs and activities.
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;2/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p18
Presents calendar of events related to television industry as of February 24, 2003. Date of seminar on 'Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers, Coaxial Cable in the HFC plant'; Venue of the Cable Television Public Affairs Association, Forum 2003.