A Hard Look at a Noble Hawk: Ninth Circuit Requires Explicit Response to Opposing Scientific Viewpoints in a Final EIS
- BioAdversity. // OECD Observer;Mar2004, Issue 242, p29
Focuses on the significance of biodiversity in environmental policy campaigns. Underestimation of the consequences of reducing our planet's biodiversity; Annual rate of disappearance of species; Impact of the habitat loss of elephants in Africa on biodiversity.
- Politics adds to Macquarie Island's pest problem. Considine, Mary-Lou // Ecos;Apr/May2007, Issue 136, p20
The article focuses on the issue regarding the detention of a comprehensive eradication program to clear out the rodent population which has affected the habitat of the wildlife in Macquarie Island, Tasmania. The delay of the said bill was brought about by the dispute between the Tasmanian and...
- CALIFORNIA: Meaner Pastures. Mathis, Katie // Sierra;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p111
The article reports on the proposal to build a 824-acre training base by the Blackwater USA, near Potrero, California. The projects plans to build shooting ranges and other facilities that could impact critical wildlife habitat. The Sierra Club's San Diego Chapter and other environmentalist...
- Black Hills National Forest, Mystic Ranger District, South Dakota, Calumet Project Area. McGilvray, Andrew // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;10/24/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 205, p65681
The article announces that the U.S. Forest Service will prepare an environmental impact statement (EIS) regarding a proposal to use vegetation treatments on reducing the threats to ecosystem components.
- Superfund EXEMPT Liability. Watson, John // Paper, Film & Foil Converter;Oct2004, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p59
Focuses on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's proposed All Appropriate Inquiry rule as mandated by the 2002 amendments to the federal Superfund statute. Efforts to change the way in which pre-acquisition environmental site assessments are performed at commercial and industrial sites...
- Notices: ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY. // Federal Register;8/30/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 169, p53754
The article focuses on notices issued by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It is noted that EPA is required to make public its comments on Environmental impact statements (EIS) issued by other Federal agencies. A notice regarding the Good Neighbor Environmental Board (GNEB) meeting...
- Does NEPA apply to critical habitat designations? Ninth and tenth circuit courts disagree Bergoffen, Marty // Endangered Species Update;Jun1996, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p6
No abstract available.
- ImportÃ¢ncia da aplicaÃ§Ã£o da AvaliaÃ§Ã£o Ambiental EstratÃ©gica (AAE) no ordenamento jurÃdico brasileiro. Garcia, Heloise Siqueira; Garcia, Denise Schmitt Siqueira // Universitas Jus;2014, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p45
The concern about the effectiveness of environmental protection is growing up in face of the growing awareness of society regarding the environment that surrounds them and the need for effective maintenance life on Earth. For that arise various instruments to be followed for installation of...
- The Determination of Main Obstacles for the Developing of Highquality Documentation during EIA Process on Natura 2000 Sites. Michalcová, Zuzana; Baus, Peter // GeoScape;2014, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
The issues of protection and management of biodiversity has become one of main environmental policy tasks in Europe and elsewhere. As an application of precautionary principles the EU member states are required to assess projects and plans which alone or in combination with other plans or...