- NOTES. Jeffs, William Patrick // Feminism, Manhood & Homosexuality: Intersections in Psychoanalys;2003, p153
This section presents a list of articles and books used in the completion of the study Feminism, Manhood and Homosexuality: Intersections in Psychoanalysis and American Poetry.
- Feminism and the Politics of Representation: Towards a Critical and Ethical Encounter with "Others". Hinterberger, Amy // Journal of International Women's Studies;Jan2007, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p74
This essay begins from the position that a speaking subject in feminism occupies a place of power and authority which requires a commitment to an ethical involvement in the representation of 'others'. Specifically, this essay will address feminist concerns of speaking for others and the concerns...
- Gay Studies? // Body Politic;Spring73, Issue 8, p7
Presents an invitation for students interested in undertaking a gay studies course in the University of Toronto.
- To queer or not to queer: That's not the question. Meyers, Helene // College Literature;Feb97, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p171
Weighs the advantages and disadvantages of mainstreaming gay and lesbian studies in the academe. Legitimacy of queer theory as a critical discourse; Commodification of queer theory; Evaluation of the extent to which the proliferation of queer academic discourses provide an antidote to...
- Cross-border shopping and niche marketing: Academic economies and lesbian and gay studies. Pottie, Lisa M. // College Literature;Feb97, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p183
Provides an explanation for the rising popularity of lesbian and gay studies unrelated to its potential to disrupt heterosexual constructs. Fashionable-ness of taking up lesbian and gay studies; Economic contribution of lesbian and gay studies to higher educational institutions; Role of queer...
- RESEARCH, Through a Glass, Darkly. Pluckiger, Fritz A. // Ladder;Aug66, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p18
This article focuses on the psychoanalytic study of homosexuality by Irving Bieber. The study is a comparison between 106 homosexuals and 100 heterosexuals, all of whom received psychoanalytic patient treatment. Examines the impact of the mother-father-son relationship during early childhood...
- Lesbian Oppression and Marginalization: Teaching Across the Disciplines of Literary Studies and Social Work. Hayden, Tyler; Walsh, Christine A.; Zelinsky, Katherine Elizabeth // International Journal of Learning;2009, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p533
This paper brings together the (seemingly) disparate disciplines of Literature and Social Work to investigate issues of teaching lesbian representation, oppression, and marginalization. We will begin by exploring the ways in which such issues remain themselves marginalized in both Literary...
- College offers two courses. // Advocate;3/15/72, Issue 81, p11
Announces the offering of two gay studies courses at San Francisco State College in California. Rhetoric of Gay Liberation; Homosexuality As a Social Issue.
- Male Homosexuality in Contemporary Spain: Signposts for a Sociological Analysis. Cleminson, Richard // Paragraph;Mar1999, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p35
Focuses on the specialist intervention of male homosexuality in contemporary Spain. Discussion on homosexuality in literature; Analysis of the various theories on homosexuality; Impact of histories of gender and sexuality on contemporary happenings and discourses.