- CHAPTER THREE: Collaborators: Creating Writing Communities for a Diverse Student Population. Fredericksen, Elaine Freedman // New World of Writers: Teaching Writing in a Diverse Society;2003, p40
Chapter Three of the book "New World of Writers: Teaching Writing in a Diverse Society" is presented. It addresses the special pedagogical needs of Hispanic American college students taking up language arts and suggests an approach that will raise the success rate of minority students in higher...
- CHAPTER SIX: Risktakers: Developing a Playful Attitude Toward Writing. Fredericksen, Elaine Freedman // New World of Writers: Teaching Writing in a Diverse Society;2003, p92
Chapter Six of the book "New World of Writers: Teaching Writing in a Diverse Society" is presented. It encourages language arts teachers in secondary and higher education in the U.S. to develop a playful atmosphere in the classroom. According to the author, using games and simulations in the...
- Language, Literacy, and Literature Network. FRANKLIN, JOHN // Education Update;Jun2007, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on the Language, Literacy, and Literature Network which connects with educators, particularly language arts instructors through mailed newsletters.
- A second look. Humphrey, Tina // Reading Today;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p16
Presents an article on the second year of being a language arts teacher. Differences from the first year; Challenges of sponsoring a cheering squad; Activities accomplished.
- Linguistics in High School. Link, Frances R.; Schuster, Edgar H. // Educational Leadership;Feb1962, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p294
In the article, the authors present their views on the urgent need for a modern language arts curriculum in the United States. The authors make specific reference to their experiments whereby they investigated a new approach of teaching English language that advocates for the use of modem...
- The Social Construction of Intertextuality and Literary Understanding: The Impact of Interactive Read-Alouds on the Writing of Third Graders During Writing Workshop. Manak, Jennifer // Reading Research Quarterly;Oct-Dec2011, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p309
In this article the author outlines the processes she used in conducting research regarding the writing ability of third graders. She examines ways in which interactive read-alouds within the class structure provided students with appropriate examples of quality writing that they could emulate...
- Educator Cadres Formed to Support Common Tests. Sawchuk, Stephen // Education Week;8/29/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p6
Information about the Educator Leadership Cadres initiative, a series of training workshops designed by the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) to prepare teachers for the implementation of assessments based on the Common Core State Standards, is presented....
- Supporting language arts innovations that endure. Sanacore, Joseph // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Sep96, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p58
Discusses the ways language arts educators can promote enduring changes in the United States school culture. Enhancement of student's lifetime literacy; Professional development efforts; Effectivity and use of study groups; Parent involvement in the learning process. INSET: National center on...
- SCHEDULE OF WSA MEETINGS AND SECTIONS. // Western Speech;Oct1947, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p16
Presents the schedule for Western Speech Association's combined convention with the Speech Association of America, the American Educational Theater Association and the American Speech Correction in Salt Lake City, Utah.