- GROWING PAINS: THE WRITING MAJOR IN COMPOSITION AND RHETORIC. Estrem, Heidi // Composition Studies;Spring2007, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Anthony Scott on how writing majors function as a space for text circulation and curriculum and another by Dominic Delli Carpini on how a writing major affects undergraduate work.
- Letter from the Editors. Pettipiece, Deirdre; Ray, Timothy; Macauley Jr., William J. // WPA: Writing Program Administration - Journal of the Council of ;Fall/Winter2007, Vol. 31 Issue 1/2, p9
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Alice Horning on effective size of a writing class and another by Elizabeth Wardle on concepts of knowledge transference.
- Writing. Ives, Jeff // Read;2/8/2008, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p25
The article presents a preface to the special "Writing" section of the journal.
- Radicalism in composition pedagogy. // Academic Questions;Spring92, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p76
Quotes excerpts from books and journals about the radicalization of composition pedagogy. Writing classes as vehicles for political indoctrination; Pedagogy of writing.
- Response to McCarthey: The limitations of eclecticism in research design. Rowe, Deborah Wells // Reading Research Quarterly;Jul-Sep94, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p242
Comments on the study titled `Authors, Text and Talk: The Internalization of Dialogue from Social Interaction During Writing,' by Sarah McCarthey which was published in the July 1994 issue of the periodical `Reading Research Quarterly.' Focus on the application of social constructivist theory to...
- The uses and limitations of personal or personalized writing in writing theory, research, and... Stotsky, Sandra // Reading Research Quarterly;Oct-Dec95, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p758
Explores whether the recommendation emphasis on personal or personalized writing, especially in K-12, is warranted by the results of relevant empirical studies. Rationale and uses for personal or personalized writing in the composition, literature, and content area class; Research studies and...
- Three sheets of paper and nearly a third of the fourth. Gould, John // Christian Science Monitor;7/19/96, Vol. 88 Issue 164, p17
Describes the preparations a columnist undertakes for writing an essay. Sources of ideas; Need to adhere to grammatical rules; Suggestions to budding writers.
- Deconstruct this: Henny Youngman looks at writing about teaching writing. Holden, Michael // Contemporary Education;1994, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p109
Focuses on the political purposes for writing. Criticisms against writing with theoretical jargons; Advocacy for political empowerment in writing.
- A Lotta Coloring Goin' On. Stager, Gary // District Administration;May2003, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p63
Discusses some strategies in teaching skills in writing. Vocabulary memorization; Problems associated with writing instruction; List of teaching felonies.