It's Not the Heat; It's the Humidity
- 'One-of-a-kind' Chiller-Heater Design Unveiled. Vatcher, Cheryl // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/23/2000, Vol. 211 Issue 8, p24
Introduces Servel high-efficiency chiller-heater manufactured by Robur Corp. in the United States. Components and design of the chiller-heater; Effectiveness of the Servel unit to provide temperatures for different load zones; Cost effectiveness of the product. INSET: How it Works..
- Temperature Controls Design. Goldschmidt, Ira // ASHRAE Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p32
The article discusses key issues concerning the temperature control design of a heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system in the United States. The author debunks several myths and misconceptions that have contributed to the lack of emphasis on temperature control for HVAC systems....
- Hvacr designer tips. McKew, Amanda E. // Engineered Systems;May2000, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p48
Presents a checklist for designing heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems in operating rooms. Equipment designation on drawing; Location of control devices; Electrical data requirements; Coordination of sequence of operations with flow diagram.
- Zero in on zone control installations and profits will follow, says CA contractor. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;01/24/2000, Vol. 209 Issue 4, p63
Focuses on the popularity of zoned temperature control systems in homes. Chance for heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning contractors to increase profits; Enhancement of partnerships with homebuilders; Promotion of energy savings.
- Humidity control units may allow chillers to take summer break. // Engineered Systems;May2007, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p22
The article discusses the challenges faced by Ronnie Martin, energy manager/heating, ventilating and air-conditioning (HVAC) supervisor for the Texas City Independent School District, in HVAC upgrade projects in three elementary schools in Texas. Martin is concerned that removing the chillers...
- Forensic Engineering Analysis of Mold Damage Due to High Efficiency HVAC. Greene, Leonard A. // Journal of the National Academy of Forensic Engineers;Jun2013, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p59
This paper could also be called a case of unforeseen consequences. Sometimes we do things with one goal in mind and find that we get the opposite, unintended result. Such experiences have been all too frequent in the author's design and forensic practice in a coastal environment. In the process...
- Improve service, profits with today's remote communications. Jacobs // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/01/99, Vol. 208 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the use of remote communications technology with heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) temperature control systems in improving customer service. Description of some remote HVAC temperature control systems; Neutralization of nuisance calls remotely; Use of the technology...
- nuts & bolts. // Fleet Owner;Oct2001, Vol. 96 Issue 10, p34
Presents information on several trucking equipment. Spectrum, a temperature control systems for truck trailers developed by Thermo King Corp.; Electronic Vision System, a video monitor from Kenworth Truck Co.; Truck graphic system from the 3M company.
- Data Center Airflow Modeling Report. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/6/2006, Vol. 227 Issue 10, p10
The article evaluates the equipment CoolSim, a device designed to help reduce the risk of thermal-related equipment failures, manufactured by Fluent Inc. in the heating and ventilation industry in the U.S.