Gut Instinct Finds Source of Leakage
- CLOSING the GAP on HYDRAULIC LEAKS. Medvick, Dick; Zalud, Todd // Machine Design;06/15/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p74
Proposes several solutions for hydraulic leaks. Elastometric O-ring seals; Two-ferrule tube fittings; Metal-to-metal seals; Shortcomings of O-ring seals.
- The LEAK in review. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics;Nov2004, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p30
Discusses key issues relevant to the total elimination of leakage in hydraulic systems. Reasons why leakage elimination continues to be elusive despite advances in other sectors of hydraulic technology; Ways to prevent leakage from components; Reduction of the potential for leakage. INSET:...
- Progress in leakage reduction. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics;Nov2004, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p34
Discuses key advances in the reduction of leakages in hydraulic systems. Looking to the aerospace industry to gauge the progress made in approaching the goal of zero-leak hydraulics; Advances in sealing and fitting technology; Implications on hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Quick Fix. Hudson, Tom // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;May2005, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p61
Presents an article on investigating a water leakage at a communication hub in a residential neighborhood in Portland, Oregon. Background on the building; Problems with the heating, ventilation and air-conditioning system and the restroom in the building; Equipment used in fixing the problems,...
- A SMALLER SPLASH. Towers, Darren // Green Futures;May/Jun2007, Issue 64, p43
The article offers information on the program initiated by Thames Water to implement efficient water distribution. It is posed that fixing leaks and changing old water lines in London, England continue to be the priority for Thames Water. Relative to this, Donna McKitterick helped the company by...
- What are you going to do about all those LEAKS? Cox, John // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);Feb2006, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p27
The article suggests ways to prevent fluid leakage. It emphasizes the importance of properly selecting the components and total system design, as well as product technology, when developing effective fluid handling systems. The article discusses issues relating to threaded or screwed pipe...
- Determination of tightening parameters of threaded leak-tight joints. Izvolenskii, E. V.; Petrov, R. A. // Chemical & Petroleum Engineering;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 41 Issue 1/2, p85
Devices and threaded joint assembly diagram for measuring tightening forces and moment of resistance in the thread or on the wrench are described.
- Fittings and Flanges. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics;Feb2005, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p66
No abstract available.
- WAR STORIES. Waller, Bertram; Gabriel, Gary // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Apr2005, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p18
Presents real-life events related engineering and hydronics. Problem that occurred in a linear supply register of a window at an art museum in New York City; Details of the occurrence of a leak in an oil burner; Detection of leak in an indoor therapeutic pool in a medical office building. ...