Measuring and Managing Cleanroom Energy Use
- Using Benchmarking to Identify Energy Efficiency Opportunity in Cleanrooms: The Labs 21 Approach. Tschudi, William; Rumsey, Peter // ASHRAE Transactions;2004, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p770
Laboratories for the 21st Century (Labs 21) has developed energy benchmarking protocols for use in high-tech buildings, with the objective of improving energy efficiency. Prior energy benchmarking in cleanrooms has identified a wide range of operating efficiencies in HVAC systems. This paper...
- Conserving Fan Energy in Cleanrooms. Wei Sun // ASHRAE Journal;Jul2008, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p36
The article reports on the ways to conserve fan energy of cleanroom heating and ventilation systems. Conserving fan energy and heating and ventilation systems in cleanrooms require modeling to develop a quantitative tool in calculating required airflow. It also includes different considerations...
- We Meet AGAIN. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Nov2005, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p5
Focuses on the efforts of the periodical "HPAC Engineering" to inform buildings professionals with engineering and equipment standards, best practices, training opportunities and others. Challenges faced by the periodical in providing information with respect to energy efficiency, indoor air...
- What We Have Learned From 20 Years of HVAC System Commissioning. Lillie, E. Thomas // ASHRAE Transactions;2012, Vol. 118 Issue 2, p122
As most are aware by now ASHRAE Guideline 0 -- 2005 states that "the Commissioning Process is a quality-oriented process for achieving, verifying, and documenting that the performance of the facilities, systems, and assemblies meets defined objectives and criteria". After 20 years of providing...
- Fleet Transitions to Better Fuel Economy. Harris, Angela D. // Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration News;11/5/2012, Vol. 247 Issue 10, p14
The article discusses the changes in the fleet of vehicles by technicians of the heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) contractors in the U.S. to address the increase in the fuel prices.
- Retrofit HVAC Controllers Create Savings. // Buildings;Jun2012, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p22
The article discusses cost and energy savings from packaged heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) units retrofitted with advanced control packages.
- Building Energy Efficiency into Our Future. Wilkins, Robert // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/4/2011, Vol. 242 Issue 14, p26
In this article, the author offers insights on the need for creating energy efficiency solutions for the future of the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) industries in the U.S.
- Get Ahold of Mold. Bishop, Matt // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/11/2014, Vol. 252 Issue 15, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including humidifiers and dehumidifiers, energy efficiency of heating and ventilation (HVAC) equipment, and mold problems in HVAC equipment.
- HARDI joins suit against HVAC regulations. // Snips;Mar2012, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p74
The article reports that Cause of Action, along with the Heating , Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Distributors International (HARDI), are fighting the U.S. Court of Appeals to stop the implementation of the regional Heat, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) energy efficiency standards.