RenewAire Moves to New LEED Facility
- Shearer's seals deal for $66M plant that calls for new HQ, 180 more jobs. Booth, John // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p6
The article reports that Shearer's Foods has announced plans to put a new, $66 million manufacturing plant in Massillon, Ohio, that will double as its new corporate home. The project will add 180 full-time jobs to the company and will become a benchmark for environmentally friendly design. The...
- USGBC Testifies Before Congress on Benefits of Green Building. // Floor Covering Installer;Oct2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p49
The article reports on the promotion of the U.S. Green Building Council on sustainable building to the U.S. Congress.
- The LEEDing edge: US Green Building Council. // Journal on Active Aging;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p38
The article discusses the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) system established by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). The aim of the system is to accelerate the development and implementation of green building practices. A description of an LEED-certified building is...
- BUILDING ACHIEVES "DOUBLE PLATINUM" DESIGNATION. // Environmental Design & Construction;Jul2008, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the achievement of Christman Co. when its Christman Building won the Commercial Interiors and Core and Shell platinum certification from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). According to the article, the edifice was the first in the world to achieve the double platinum...
- USGBC files for ANSI accreditation. // Engineered Systems;Oct2005, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p71
Reports that US Green Building Council has filed an application with the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to become an ANSI accredited national standards developer for standards related to green building practices. Accelerating the adoption of green building practices.
- GREEN PLAN T OF THE YEAR: Hormel Foods/ Progressive Processing. Fusaro, Dave // Food Processing (00156523);Sep2012, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p35
The article reports on the Progressive Processing facility of Hormel Foods Corp. in Dubuque, Iowa. It says that the new plant was designed to address the increasing demand of company's products. It notes that the facility received a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)...
- Deer Park outlet is certified green. // Value Retail News;May2010, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p18
The article features the Tanger Outlets at the Arches in Deer Park, New York, a certified Leadership in Energy Efficient Design (LEED) Silver Core and Shell Project by the U.S. Green Building Council. Green designs and construction features attributed to the certification include use of recycled...
- Building Controls & Green Buildings. Rios, J. Alberto // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Sep2005, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p9
Looks at building-controls-related issues addressed by the U.S. Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. Compliance requirements in the Energy and Atmosphere category; Ventilation in high-occupancy areas; Reasons for implementing a measurement-and-verification plan.
- Report Finds Support for Green Decreases, But Remains Steady. // Journal of Property Management;May/Jun2010, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p8
The article reports that support for the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification and green construction developed by the U.S. Green Building Council decreased slightly in 2009 but remains steady despite the recession.