Operatic Style and Structure in Coppola's Godfather Triology
- The Italian Straw Hat. Porter, Andrew // New Yorker;3/27/1978, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p101
The article reviews Nino Rota's opera buffa "The Italian Straw Hat," directed by Lou Galterio, performed at the Manhattan School of Music in New York City on March 1978.
- Guide to records: Rota. De Jong, Diederik C.D. // American Record Guide;May/Jun98, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p176
Reviews the motion picture music recordings `The Godfather,' `8 1/2,' `La Dolce Vita,' `Orchestra Rehearsal,' `Rocco and his Brothers' and `The Leopard,' by Nino Rota.
- The talented Mr Rota. Dyer, Richard // Sight & Sound;Sep2004, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p42
Profiles film composer Nino Rota. Recognition of the score for the movie "The Godfather" as one of the great soundtracks; Number of concert works, and scores for theater, opera, ballet and television made by the composer; Work experience as director of the Bari Conservatory of Music.
- The sound of music. Urban, Andrew L. // Bulletin with Newsweek;04/13/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6169, p110
Presents information on motion picture music composers in Australia. How they are relatively unknown, although their work is easily recalled; Example of the work of Italian composer Nino Rota on `The Godfather'; Comments from composer Guy Gross; His choice to work scoring television movies;...
- CELLOCINEMA. Tuttle, Raymond // Fanfare: The Magazine for Serious Record Collectors;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p609
A recording of "Cellocinema," featuring works of composers including Nino Rota, Ennio Morricone, and Dick Dale is reviewed.
- Piano Sonata No. 2./15 Preludes./Etude Fantasy. Tuttle, Raymond // Fanfare: The Magazine for Serious Record Collectors;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p331
The article reviews the music release featuring the works of Erich Wolfgang Korngold, Nino Rota, and John Corigliano, performed by Jimmy BriÃ¨re.
- 'Godfather' goes to DVD...finally. Wilson, Wendy; Lerman, Laurence // Daily Variety;06/12/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 7, p1
Reports that Paramount Home Video and Francis Ford Coppola are making DVD versions of all three 'Godfather' movies included with supplemental materials. Five-disc 'The Godfather DVD Collection'; Marketing campaign for the disc.
- Coppola, Take 2. Keegan, Rebecca Winters // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/3/2007, Issue 47, p71
The article presents director Francis Ford Coppola and his return to the film industry. Coppola has directed films such as "The Godfather" and "Apocalypse Now" and is now attempting to make films directed towards younger movie watchers. Included is a list of Coppola's five favorite films which...
- The Tragedy of Michael Corleone in "The Godfather: Part III." Poon, Phoebe // Literature Film Quarterly;2006, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p64
This article presents the characterization of Michael Corleone, portrayed by Al Pacino in the film "The Godfather: Part III." Francis Ford Coppola, the director of the film, did not want the audience to read the film as constituting a trilogy. Instead, he originally intended to call the film...