The Underwriter Conundrum
- Analysis: NYSE Shows It's Serious About SHO Enforcement. Hintze, John // Securities Industry News;8/21/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p12
The article reports that four securities firms were fined by the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) for not complying with the rules set by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The four firms are Daiwa Securities America, Goldman Sachs Clearing & Execution, Citigroup Global Markets and...
- CMBS update: flood of deals for Feb. // Asset Securitization Report;2/12/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p18
Presents information on premarketing plan on mortgage-backed deal for transactions. Details on the kicked off of Florida Mall pricing through the Banc of America; Estimated worth deal of Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse First Boston for One Liberty Place; Asset-backed amount of Bear Stearns...
- Global HY Corporate Debt--(US Dollar Denominated). // Bank Loan Report;10/6/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p10
Lists the top performing global high yield corporate debt managers as of October 6, 2003. Credit Suisse First Boston; Goldman Sachs and Co.; Banc of America Securities LLC; Citigroup; JP Morgan; Bear Stearns and Co. Inc.; Deustche Bank AG.
- deals of the year. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2004, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p8
Presents the winners in the Breakthrough Deals of the Year Awards for 2003 by "Mergers & Acquisitions." Credit Suisse First Boston; Banc of America Securities; Goldman Sachs.
- Algorithms Are Coming to More Brokers and Buyside. // Traders Magazine;Jan2005, Vol. 18 Issue 234, p20
The article reports that Banc of America Securities LLC and Credit Suisse First Boston Corp. are offering algorithms to other broker dealers. Both are pioneers in the application of computerized trading to the order flow of traditional money managers. Under the initiatives, the two competitors...
- U.S. College Course Management Leader Blackboard Proposes an IPO. // Educational Marketer;3/15/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p7
Explains that Blackboard in Washington, D.C. has filed a registration form with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission for a proposed initial public offering (IPO). Credit Suisse First Boston as lead book runner for the IPO; Co-managers Banc of America Securities, Merrill Lynch &...
- Maidenform Plans Initial Public Offering. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/12/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the plan of Maidenform Brands Inc., an innerwear manufacturer in Bayonne, New Jersey, to sell company stock shares in an initial public offering (IPO) in 2005. Information on Maidenform's price per share as estimated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; Involvement of UBS...
- Miffed, Four CSFB Analysts Depart. Santini, Laura; Celarier, Michelle // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/3/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the resignation of four medical care analysts from Credit Suisse First Boston Corp. (CSFB) over the nonpayment of bonuses. Appointment of the four analysts in Banc of America Securities LLC; Reasons for the nonpayment of bonuses at CSFB; Details on the compensation packages to the...
- Looking to Exit Whole Loans? Donovan, Kevin // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/12/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 32, p11
Reports the marketing strategies of the Credit Suisse First Boston and Banc of America Securities in the U.S. Reduction of corporate profits; Techniques in purchasing loans; Reorganization of the asset-backed securities trading.