The CFO OutTakes
- Wagoner: Devine wanted to go. LaReau, Jamie // Automotive News;12/12/2005, Vol. 80 Issue 6180, p67
The article focuses on General Motors (GM) Corp.'s CEO Rick Wagoner, who clarified that John Devine was not forced out to bring in General Motors Europe Chairman Fritz Henderson as vice chairman and CFO. Wagoner says he and Devine thought it would be best to have a CFO who would be at GM...
- GM's Henderson: We're not largest. Allen, Leslie J. // Automotive News;2/4/2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6293, p36
The article reports that Fritz Henderson, chief financial officer (CFO) of General Motors Corp. (GM), has acknowledged that GM is not the world's top-selling automaker. Fritz Henderson told members of the Automotive Press Association, that he does not spend too much of his time trying to figure...
- GM CFO is mum on more aid to Delphi. Barkholz, David; Truett, Richard // Automotive News;2/18/2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6295, p96
The article reports that General Motors Corp. (GM) chief financial officer Fritz Henderson is silent on whether the automaker will help Delphi Corp.'s effort to raise $3.7 billion to leave the Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the U.S. It is stated that if Delphi cannot step out from the...
- GM's Mr. Fixit: Is Fritz the guy to revive GM? Sedgwick, David // Automotive News;4/24/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6199, p6
The article discusses whether Fritz Henderson is the right candidate as chief financial officer (CFO) of General Motors Corp. (GM) to get the company on track. Henderson, a 22-year GM veteran, understands how the company operates. Yet he is not tied to the North American strategy. Before he was...
- John Devine. Eisentein, Paul // Automotive Engineer;Sep2001, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p24
Interviews John Devine, chief financial officer at General Motors Corp. about the operation of the car marker in Europe. Equity relationships within the automobile industry; Factors influencing the postponement of product programs; Need for organizational change.
- Are GM, Kerkorian talking? Read between the lines. // Automotive News;10/30/2006, Vol. 81 Issue 6227, p54
The article focuses on pulling of adviser Jerry York from the board of directors of General Motors Corp. (GM) by investor Kirk Kerkorian. Fritz Henderson, chief financial officer of GM in a conference with analysts and reporters came up with the blandest of statements about the situation.
- GM CFO also flies home to Florida -- on his own dime. Lareau, Jamie // Automotive News;1/22/2007, Vol. 81 Issue 6239, p54
The article informs that chief financial officer of General Motors Corp. (GM) Fritz Henderson does not take a corporate jet for his personal trip from Detroit, Michigan, to Miami, Florida, on weekends. Henderson calculated that one round-trip flight from Detroit to Miami on a corporate jet costs...
- GM posts massive loss; eyes N.A. profits by 2011. LaReau, Jamie; Truett, Richard // Automotive News;2/18/2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6295, p24
The article reports that General Motors Corp. (GM) has announced its $23 million net loss for 2007 in North America. GM claimed that the loss has the right processes in place to improve automotive earnings for 2008 and possibly make money by 2010 or 2011. According to Fritz Henderson, chief...
- THE FINAL SAY. // Automotive News;4/20/2009, Vol. 83 Issue 6356, p42
The article presents a quotation from Fritz Henderson, chief executive officer of General Motors Corp., on the launching of cars.