Healthcare VC Investments on Rise
- City ecosystem lures VC funds from afar. Hawthorne, Fran // Crain's New York Business;2/22/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p17
The article reports that venture capitalists across the U.S. are heading to New York, making their presence felt literally as well as financially. Deal-making picked up nationwide at the end of 2009, after three bad quarters, and growth in New York was especially strong. According to a report...
- VC money down in state, number of deals up. Henderson, Tom // Crain's Detroit Business;1/28/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p18
The article presents information on the annual MoneyTree report issued by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP and the National Venture Capital Association, which reveals that while venture capitalists' (VC) investments in Michigan companies was down in 2007, the number of deals was up. In 2007, 43 VC...
- Investment continues to drop. Merx, Katie // Crain's Detroit Business;3/24/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p11
Venture-capital investments in Michigan fell to 1998 levels in 2002 but local investors expect the venture-capital market to be better in 2003. According to an annual survey conducted by Michigan-based companies EDF Ventures LLP and PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, around 25 companies in Michigan...
- San Diego Firms Rake in VC Funds. Webb, Marion // San Diego Business Journal;2/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p1
The article focuses on issues related to the health-related industries of San Diego, California. The industries reported the third largest percentage of all health care-related venture capital dollars in the U.S., behind San Jose, California and Boston, Massachusetts, according to a survey...
- Venture funding hits five-year high. // Network World;4/30/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p4
The article reports that venture capitalists have invested $7.1 billion in 778 deals in the first quarter of 2007 in the U.S. The funding marks the highest quarterly dollar amount invested in start-ups since the fourth quarter of 2001. The Money Report by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP and the...
- Deal with it: 2013 was good for VC - but no 2012. Anglebrandt, Gary // Crain's Detroit Business;3/10/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 10, pS021
The article reports that Michigan deal volume from 2012 to 2013 increased by 39 percent, while money invested declined by 57 percent according to the MoneyTree report from the National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) and multinational professional services firm PricewaterhouseCoopers....
- Venture Funding in OC Notches Up in Q2. Vyas, Rajiv // Orange County Business Journal;9/10/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p3
Reports on the increase in venture funding in Orange County, California during the second quarter of 2001, according to PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP Money Tree Survey. Total amount invested in local companies during the period; Comparison with the venture capital investment in 2000.
- Venture capital explodes to $35 billion. // Fairfield County Business Journal;03/27/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p14
Reports on the increased venture capital in the United States according to 1999 survey findings of PriceWaterHouseCoopers LLP. Comparison with venture capital in 1998; Industry sectors posting the highest gains; Regions with the most significant venture capital growth.
- VC Investing at More Than a Decade Low. Heffes, Ellen M. // Financial Executive;Apr2010, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p9
The article discusses a report on venture-capital activity from PricewaterhouseCoopers and the National Venture Capital Association.