Introduction: Contextual Fragments: Cultural excursions in Moscow: Arrival
- Passport dilemma. Beggs, Beth // Breckenridge American;5/3/2008, p2A
The author reflects on passport picture dilemmas. According to the author, many are concerned about how their passport pictures will look like. She asserted that the picture does not matter in a big way because only low-level employees in a foreign airport look at it. She recommended that people...
- LOST NEW YORK. Kalogerakis, George // New York;12/23/2002, Vol. 35 Issue 45, p90
Focuses on the social and environmental changes in New York City. Description of the clothes worn by men during the war; Accounts on the types of food and food presentation of restaurants; Details on the social activities of New Yorkers.
- Airports: What Not To Wear. Emrich, Anne Bond // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/13/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 46, pB3
The article offers tips on what not to wear in airports. The U.S. Transportation Security Administration said that airline passengers should avoid wearing clothes and accessories that have metal. Shoes with shanks made with thermoplastics and shirts and pants with plastic buttons and nylon...
- Avra Valley Airport preparing for taxiway upgrade. Sodoma, Brian // Inside Tucson Business;02/08/99, Vol. 8 Issue 45, p10
Reports on the expansion of the taxiway of Avra Valley airport in Arizona. Estimated cost of the project; Remarks from Bill Barbre, director of operations for fixed-based operations for the Tucson Aero Service Center; Data on plane movements at the airport.
- Airports Across the Wall. // Time;8/23/1971, Vol. 98 Issue 8, p56
The article offers information on the Schonefeld Airport based in East Berlin, Germany. According to SchÃ¶nefeld officials, they are trying to boost traffic further by persuading some West European carriers to use the airport's expanded facilities. Various other European carriers are now...
- Latin state influence on the rise. Knibb, David // Airline Business;Jun2009, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the shift from private to state ownership in aviation among Latin American countries. As Bolivia launched its new state owned airline Boliviana de Aviacion, Venezuela announced that it will nationalise Aeropostal and centralise control over its airports. In Uruguay, the...
- Vis a VIE Eastern Europe. Hill, Leonard // Air Transport World;Sep95, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p99
Details on Vienna, the East-West business hub with focus on its airlines industry. Vienna's key attractions; Capacity of the Vienna International Airport, and features of Sofitel Vienna Airport.
- SYD curfew changes. // Travel Daily;12/14/2012, p2
The article reports that the government of New South Wales has released a new plan to increase capacity at the Sydney Airport, New South Wales by increasing number of flights.
- Instant flight information for Prestel users. // Accountancy;Jul1982, Vol. 93 Issue 1067, p42
Reports on the introduction of SkyGuide, which enables Prestel Viewdata subscribers to obtain up-to-the minute flight information from major airports in Great Britain. Features of the system.