Introduction: Contextual Fragments: On the genre of interviews
- The underrepresentation of liberal Christians: Mobilization strategies of religious interest groups Stenger, Katherine E. // Social Science Journal;2005, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p391
Abstract: This article examines the uneven mobilization patterns of liberal and conservative Christian interest groups to test competing theories of group mobilization and to address the question of whether actual group membership is an accurate reflection of potential membership. An analysis of...
- Interviewing a ''Sweet Genius'. Williams, Gwendolyn // Washington Jewish Week;4/25/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 17, p29
An interview with Chef Josh Rosen is presented in which he discussed his favorite part about being on the television program "Sweet Genius," his favorite part about making chocolate and the strangest chocolate that he tried to make.
- What skills are necessary to become a good host? GARDNER, JESSICA // Back Stage (1946-5440);10/27/2011, Vol. 52 Issue 43, p15
The article presents suggestions from several hosting teachers including Joseph Pearlman, Marki CosteHo and Patricia Stark concerning skills required to be a good host. Joseph suggests hosts to prepare, to have a genuine interest in people and to listen closely during interviews with guests....
- A FRIEND IN WEED. Bowen, Nigel // Ralph;Oct2003, p44
Interviews Australian author John Birmingham. Books he wrote; His social and political views; Interest in lesbians.
- Hire better. // Greenhouse Management;Jun2012, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p6
The article offers suggestions for interviewing possible employees including the use of icebreaker as starting question, understanding past experiences, and asking their interest on the job and industry.
- A Closer Look at a Business Renaissance Executive: An Interview with Roy Aaron. // Business Renaissance Quarterly;Fall2007, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p11
An interview with business executive Roy Aaron is presented. He says that he still have hopes of becoming a renaissance person if it is described as someone with a wide range of interests. He defines success as an accomplishment of one's goals without jeopardizing honesty or integrity. He...
- LAST WORDS. Marquardt, Melissa // TransWorld WakeBoarding;May2013, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p088
An interview with professional surfer Melissa Marquardt is presented in terms of her personal interests.
- In Search of Buffalo. Rinella, Steven; Anasi, Robert // Publishers Weekly;9/22/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 38, p50
An interview with Steven Rinella, author of the book "American Buffalo," is presented. Rinella describes how it was like growing up in western Michigan. According to him, his fascination with the buffalo started in 1999, when he found a buffalo skull in the ground. He claims that the buffalo...
- ON THE SPOT. Lee, Melanie // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;4/4/2003, p32
The article interviews Melanie Lee, marketing director of New World Mobility on her personal interests. Questions are asked on her favorite motion picture, book, restaurant, gadget, hobbies. Favorite advertising and holiday destination of Lee.