- Notes. Pernal, Mary // Explorations in Contemporary Feminist Literature;2002, p171
The section presents information on the resources featured in the book "Explorations in Contemporary Feminist Literature."
- Bibliography. // Explorations in Contemporary Feminist Literature;2002, p179
The section presents a bibliography of information resources featured in the book, Explorations in Contemporary Feminist Literature. These resources include the books, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, by Maya Angelou, and A Lost Lady, by Willa Cather.
- Feminism and Psychological Autonomy: A Study in Decision Making. Sacks, Susan Riemer; Eisenstein, Hester // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Apr79, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p419
Women seeking to realize the feminist goal of autonomy, defined as self-interested decision making, encounter conflict and anxiety. This study reports a group experience that used life-space drawings and force-field analyses to reduce anxiety and foster autonomous decision making. The 15 women...
- TREAT THEM LIKE RATS. Yeung, Rob // Accountancy;Jan2011, Vol. 147 Issue 1409, p44
The author shares his secret to retaining staff. He emphasizes the value of respect, autonomy and trust. He relates an experience when he was running a workshop at Singapore Management University. He said that managers who respect their employees, provide them with the autonomy to do things and...
- The Russian Shelter Movement. Leifeld, Katrina // Off Our Backs;Dec2001, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p22
Focuses on the formation of feminist movement in Russia. Presence of crisis centers for women experiencing domestic violence; Obstacles in creating a social movement for women in the country; Factors influencing to the absence of civil organizations for women.
- About this Issue. Sameh, Catherine // S&F Online;Summer2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p1
An introduction to the topics discussed within the issue is presented, giving particular focus on the core principle of feminism, including an article on call for colloquy without silencing one voice over another.
- The feminist answer to the male backlash: Within and without. Grussendorf, Christine // Off Our Backs;Jan2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p16
Discusses strategies for strengthening feminist movements in the face of attempts to professionalize feminism. Need to expand women's studies courses; Importance of launching various feminist media; Advise on supporting feminist bookstores.
- EDITORIAL REMARKS. Weinbaum, Batya // Femspec;2001, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Dorian Cirrone on feminist science fiction dystopias and another by Robin Murray's examination of magical realist.
- Reflections on Feminism and Monism in the Kaiserreich, 1900—1913. Dickinson, Edward Ross // Central European History (Cambridge University Press / UK);2001, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p191
Reflects on the feminism in Germany before World War I. Activity of the sex-reform organization league for the Protection of Motherhood or BfM; Attempt to develop a feminist and democratic vision of the relationship between sexes; Outline of the diffuse materialist religion of love and evolution.