- Bibliography. // Explorations in Contemporary Feminist Literature;2002, p179
The section presents a bibliography of information resources featured in the book, Explorations in Contemporary Feminist Literature. These resources include the books, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, by Maya Angelou, and A Lost Lady, by Willa Cather.
- Untitled. // Explorations in Contemporary Feminist Literature;2002, p182
The article presents an overview of the book, Explorations in Contemporary Feminist Literature: The Battle against Oppression for Writers of Color, Lesbian and Transgender Communities, Mary Pernal. The book is a work that connects issues of oppression across diverse communities within the...
- publications received. // Feminist Studies;Summer2005, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p459
Presents a bibliography of publications about women, which were submitted to the journal "Feminist Studies" as of summer 2005.
- The discourse of liberal feminism and the third world women's texts: Some issues of pedagogy. Mitra, Indrani; Mitra, Madhu // College Literature;Oct91, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p55
Examines issues of pedagogy pertaining to the concept of liberal feminism and third-world women's texts. Summary outline of the works `God Dies by the Nile,' by Nawal El Saadawi, `Stanadayini,' by Mahasweta Devi; Discourse of postcoloniality; Expansion of the definition of feminism; Patriarchal...
- Bulletins. // Herizons;Spring94, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p14
Presents miscellaneous information concerning feminist periodicals. Includes calls for articles and visual art for `Fuse Magazine'; Stories on menstruation; Sister Vision Press' call for erotic literary pieces.
- Legacies of Quebec women's `Ecriture au feminin':... Von Flotow, Luise // Journal of Canadian Studies;Winter95/96, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p88
Looks at feminist writing which developed in Quebec, Canada, in the late 1970s and early 1980s and its effects. Influence on feminist writers on Anglo-Canadian writing and translation; How cultural differences and identities have been defined by language in Canada; Information on writer, Nicole...
- How to Read Leadership Literature. // Administrator;Feb2004, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p3
Offers guidelines to understand literature about leadership. Confusing traits with roles; Confusing leading with managing; Universal v. relative ideas of leadership; Moral v. amoral leadership; Suggestions for getting the most out of leadership literature.
- The (In?)compatibility of gender and nation in Canadian and Quebecois feminist writing. Smart, Patricia // Essays on Canadian Writing;Winter94, Issue 54, p12
Comments on the incompatibility of gender and nation in Canadian and Quebecois feminist writing. Absence of any concept or sense of nation from Canadian discourse about the politics of identity, in the presentation of two feminist writers at a conference in Canada; Eve Kosofsky Sedgwick's...
- Feminism for the 21st century. Ryan, Barbara // NWSA Journal;Spring2000, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p181
Reviews several books on feminism for the 21st century. Includes `In the Canon's Mouth: Dispatches From the Culture Wars,' by Lillian S. Robinson; `Generations: Academic Feminists in Dialogue,' edited by Devoney Looser and E. Ann Kaplan; `Third Wave Agenda: Being Feminist, Doing Feminism,'...