- Announcements. // Hurricane Alice;Fall1987, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p11
Announces several events and congresses in women's works in art, literature and other social issues facing women. Book-reading session by Turkish feminist writer Aysel Ozakin; Conference on domestic violence; Exhibition by the Women's Art Registry of Minnesota.
- That Seventies Show. Baumgardner, Jennifer // Dissent (00123846);Summer2002, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p62
Discusses the history of feminism in the U.S. Publication of feminist books; Legacy of second wave feminism; Characterization of a feminist writer.
- Afra-Hispanic Writers and Feminist Discourse. DeCosta-Willis, Miriam // NWSA Journal;Summer93, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p204
Analyses the feminist content of Afra-Hispanic literature written by Black Spanish-speaking women of the Caribbean and the Central and South America. Reconstruction of discursive tradition of Afra-Hispanic literature through archaeology; Presence of literate Afra-Hispanic writers during the...
- Cunt wait for the revolution? Me neither. Fleischman, Marie // Just Out;10/17/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p47
Profiles lesbian writer Inga Muscio. Authorship of the 1998 feminist book 'Cunt: A Declaration of Independence'; Move from San Francisco, California to Portland, Oregon in June 2003; Approval of the way Portlanders respond to oppression; Work being done on the book 'Autobiography of a Blue-Eyed...
- African `Herstory': The Feminist Reader and the African Autobiographical Voice. Hitchcott, Nicki // Research in African Literatures;Summer97, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p16
Reviews the essay `African Herstory,' which examines the textual and narrative strategies, that enable authors to produce a gendered discourse on the western world process. Reference made to three African women writers.
- The discourse of liberal feminism and the third world women's texts: Some issues of pedagogy. Mitra, Indrani; Mitra, Madhu // College Literature;Oct91, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p55
Examines issues of pedagogy pertaining to the concept of liberal feminism and third-world women's texts. Summary outline of the works `God Dies by the Nile,' by Nawal El Saadawi, `Stanadayini,' by Mahasweta Devi; Discourse of postcoloniality; Expansion of the definition of feminism; Patriarchal...
- Bulletins. // Herizons;Spring94, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p14
Presents miscellaneous information concerning feminist periodicals. Includes calls for articles and visual art for `Fuse Magazine'; Stories on menstruation; Sister Vision Press' call for erotic literary pieces.
- Legacies of Quebec women's `Ecriture au feminin':... Von Flotow, Luise // Journal of Canadian Studies;Winter95/96, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p88
Looks at feminist writing which developed in Quebec, Canada, in the late 1970s and early 1980s and its effects. Influence on feminist writers on Anglo-Canadian writing and translation; How cultural differences and identities have been defined by language in Canada; Information on writer, Nicole...
- AUTOMITOGRAFï¿½AS:THE BORDER PARADIGM AND CHICANA/O AUTOBIOGRAPHY. Velasco, Juan // Biography: An Interdisciplinary Quarterly;Spring2004, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p313
Traces the evolution of Chicana/o autobiography since the Mexican-American Civil Rights Movement. Changes in the concepts of territory, space, and nation since the Mexican-American War in 1848; Influence of three works in the staging of a canonical Chicana/o autobiographical discourse into the...