Tofu bird replaces Thanksgiving turkey
- Catch the wave. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Nov98, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p16
Announces the availability of tofu in a variety of flavors in the American market. Tofu as an essential source of protein; Health benefits acquired from eating tofu.
- New soybeans fill tofu niche. Lee, Jill // Agricultural Research;Nov97, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p13
Reports on tofu crop which demands meticulous care, but farmers get compensated for that extra effort by finding a buyer with the right contacts in Japan or establishing a working relationship with the United States tofu industry. Information on Pearl variety being used by farmers in Arkansas;...
- Pulmuone's Goal: Make Tofu Sexy, Even Cool. Cruz, Sherri // Orange County Business Journal;10/20/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p1
Reports on Fullerton, California-based Pulmuone USA Inc.'s attempt to improve the image of tofu in the country. Desire of Pulmuone to make tofu sexy, even cool; Plan of the company to change its name to something more people in Fullerton can easily pronounce; Biggest obstacle of tofu in the...
- House Foods Betting on Spiced-Up Tofu. Ito-Peterson, Yoko // Orange County Business Journal;11/13/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p1
Focuses on House Foods Corp.'s tofu business in the United States. Daily production of the company's plant in Garden Grove, California; Annual tofu sales; House Food's strategy to expand the appeal of tofu.
- Cultural Melting Pot. Ito-Peterson, Yoko // Orange County Business Journal;11/13/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p73
Focuses on the production of tofu at House Foods Corp.'s facility in Garden Grove, California. Description of the production area; Origin of soybeans processed in the plant; Packaging of processed products.
- Tofu heaven on earth. // Asia Weekly;7/21/2008, Vol. 2 Issue 28, p31
The article features the Tofu Street in Taipei, Taiwan. Its narrow commercial strip is lined with blocks of quivering tofu. The street is colorful and fragrant even though blessedly not too dominated by the fermented stinky tofu that Taiwanese love. It is said that the place have number of shops...
- Tofu Goes Organic. // Earth Island Journal;Summer2000, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p3
Deals with the decision of Taishi Shokuhin Kogyo (TSK), Japan's tofu company, to stop producing tofu from genetically modified soybeans. Reason of TSK; Losses incurred by the company.
- The 2009-2014 Outlook for Tofu Sold in Bulk and Packages Not Frozen or Canned in Japan. Parker, Philip M. // Country Outlook Reports;1/13/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts on the 2009-2014 outlook for tofu sold in bulk and packages, not frozen or canned, in several cities of Japan, including Aichi, Akita and Aomori, are presented.
- Curds This Way. // njbiz;6/7/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the launch of the construction of a tofu factory by House Foods in Franklin, New Jersey. Size of the facility; Cost of the construction; Information on the company that will benefit from the construction.