Cox communications offers business solutions
- Fiber Optics Move Business at the Speed of Light. // Orange County Business Journal;8/11/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 32, HIGH TECH. pA-28
Focuses on the benefits of fiber optics for Cox Communications Inc. in Orange County, California. Advantages of fiber network for companies; Features of Cox Transparent LAN Connection (TLC); Concept of Cox TLC.
- Cox will help agencies link electronically. Slaton, James // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/16/96, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p6
Reports on Cox Communications agreement to the New Orleans City Council to provide a fiber optic network to the city. Benefits of computer network; Difference from previous network; Annual financing; Range of network.
- New services boost fiber in Cox rings. Gall, Don; Shapiro, Mitch // Lightwave;Jan2000, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p26
Offers a look at the ring-in-ring communication network of Cox Communications Inc. which extends fiber rings out to nodes serving roughly 1000 homes in the United States. Impact of the communication network on the company's business; Two fiber rings involve in the ring-in-ring architecture.
- Cox Communications fast-tracks system-wide upgrade. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;9/17/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p8
The article reports on the move of Cox Communications Inc., a privately-owned company, to upgrade its 600 miles of fiber optics line locally from 750 megaHertz to 1 gigaHertz in Tucson, Arizona. It states that once the upgrade is completed, the myriad of new services Cox will be able to offer...
- Need fiber? Call an energy company. // Energy IT;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p18
Reports that Williams Communications finalized a deal to carry portions of long-distance residential voice traffic for the Cox Communications. Information on a fiber network completed by Williams Communications; Cash flow of the company from the network.
- Work Nears on 2nd Cross-Border Link. Jackson, Mandy // San Diego Business Journal;8/13/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p8
Reports the activation of fiber optic connection by Cox Communications and Cablemas in the United States. Provision of high-quality television signals, high- speed data connections and high-speed Internet access; Enhancement of the quality of television channels; Transmission of video and data.
- QUICK HITS: SCTE NOTEBOOK. // Multichannel News;1/29/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on various updates of the result of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers' annual conference in Houston, Texas. Cox Communications Inc.' Jay Rolls said that fiber-optic cable to subscribers' homes is the best way to get bigger capacity in a video, data and...
- 2008-2009 Fiber Topology Comparison. // CED;Oct2008, Vol. 34 Issue 10, Special section p1
The article presents a comparison of 2008-2009 fiber topology of computer networks including BrightPath distribution system from CommScope, Gigabit Passive Optical Networking from Motorola Inc., and Ring-in-Ring fiber architecture from Cox Communications.
- TELECOM. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Dec2004, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p20
The article presents news briefs related to telecommunications. Before the great telecommunications industry crash, many earners had begun much-needed repairs and upgrades to aging outside plant infrastructure. According to Cox Communications Inc., the most necessary plant upgrades are complete....