Nonqualified Stock Options: Fold or Hold?
- Stock options can benefit both employee and company. Wildman, Robert T.; Davis, O. Wayne // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/13/94, Vol. 15 Issue 11, Employee Benefits... p10B
Discusses the benefits of stock options to both employee and company. Compensation arrangements that defer taxes or take advantage of lower tax rates for capital gains; Correlation between stock ownership by management and company performance; Stock options as substitute for compensation; Types...
- WEIGHING OPTIONS. Janoczek, Joseph J. // ColoradoBiz;Mar2001, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p58
Assesses the advantages of employee stock options. Types of employee stock options; Strategies in optimizing employee stock options; Discussion on employee incentive compensation.
- Opting for negotiation and understanding. Chapman, Esther // InfoWorld;12/04/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p43
Evaluates a sample stock option agreement. Key documents in stock option agreements; Exercise price of a nonstatutory stock option; Vesting provisions. INSET: STOCK OPTION TERMS.
- Share incentives -- what if the employee leaves? Cohen, David // Accountancy;Feb1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1110, p88
Looks at the position which arises when a share option scheme participant leaves his company, and the extent to which, by forward planning, potential problems can be overcome. Employee with unexercised option; Employee who is a shareholder as a result of exercising his option; Articles of...
- ENDLESS OPTIONS. Monahan, Julie // Entrepreneur;Aug2002, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p21
Discusses the decline in the use of stock options by businesses. Factor which prompted the shift in compensation strategy back to cash and other awards; Proposal of a bill in Congress to treat options as an expense.
- Stock option plans can be confusing. Yegidis, Michael R. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;03/26/2001-04/02/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p23
Describes strategies to avoid the confusion caused by stock option plans and rules. Approach to distinguish between incentive and nonqualified stock options; Identification of the possible problems that could arise from stock options.
- How to implement share schemes. McNeish, Keith // People Management;07/24/97, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p38
Assesses several employee share plan alternatives for companies wishing to give their staff a stronger share ownership. Impact of privatization of utilities on the public's appreciation of share ownership; Positive results of involving staff in share schemes; Tax advantages of savings-related...
- CUMULATIVE INDEX. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Sep97, Vol. 120 Issue 1249, p90
Reports on the changes to regulations governing personal equity plans in Great Britain. Investments in open-ended investment companies incorporated in Great Britain.
- More companies give stock options to most employees. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec91, Vol. 12 Issue 71, p28
No abstract available.