401(k) Education: Planners Responding to Plan Participants' Calls for Help
- 401(k) Encore. Kadlec, Daniel // Time;2/28/2000, Vol. 155 Issue 8, p108
Offers answers and advice to readers responding to a previous article by the author on 401(k) plans in the United States and a tax strategy associated with them. Employer-match programs; Employer stock held in a fund; Departing employees; Tax forms; The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) code;...
- 401(k) Plan Sponsors Find Education Pays. Murray, M. Christian // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/10/99, Vol. 103 Issue 19, p36
Focuses on a survey by Buck Consultation Incorporated on employers that are providing their employees with educational programs on 401(k) plans and retirement planning. Overview of the findings; Assessment of the 401(k) participation rate; Implication of the resuls.
- With planning, you can keep 401(k)s safe and attractive. Durkin, Karen // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);9/29/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p24
The article emphasizes the importance of planning for U.S. employers who have added 401(k) plans as part of the benefits package offered to employees. It is noted that when employers offer 401(k) benefits to their employers, they are required to help protect the assets as well as the financial...
- Maturing market puts more emphasis on fees, service. Gunsauley, Craig // Employee Benefit News;10/1/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p25
Focuses on the maturing market of 401(k) plans in the United States. Factor that propelled its growth; Reason behind the growing need for additional education and advice on retirement planning; Examples of emerging Internet-based providers offering automated administration for low fees.
- Unique 401(K) plan courts 'Scarlett O'Hara' investors. Elswick, Jill // Employee Benefit News;Mar2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p46
Reports on the Save More Tomorrow (SMarT) plan developed by behavioral economists which aims to boost 401(k) plan participants' savings rates. Contribution rate set for 401(k) plan participants to secure a comfortable retirement in the U.S.; Information on the pilot programs of the SMarT plan.
- RETIREMENT BEST PRACTICES GUIDE. // Employee Benefit News;Mar2011, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p28
The article offers practice guides for employers in the U.S. to manage retirement including the implementation of automatic enrollment in the 401 (K) plans, offer for automatic deferral increases, and match for catch-up contributions.
- RETIREMENT--ADDITIONAL Resources. // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Jul2008, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p15
A list of resources that provide information on retirement planning is presented including a seminar on 401(k) Plans to be held on July 23-24, 2008 in Brookfield, Wisconsin, the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans web site, and the book "Plans in Transition 2008: IOMA's Annual...
- 401(k) plan sponsors making few changes so far. Zolkos, Rodd // Business Insurance;12/17/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 51, p14
Reports the alteration of the retirement plans by the 401(k) sponsors in the United States. Allocation in investment options; Involvement in plan communications; Offer of automatic rebalancing.
- Many in 401(k)s aren't confident to retire. // Crain's Cleveland Business;08/28/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p20
Cites a Vanguard Group survey which found that many 401(k) plan participants are losing confidence in their ability to provide for their own retirement, in part because of increasing market volatility.