Targeting the High Net Worth Client: Realistic Goal or Elusive Quest?
- TO THINK . . . LIKE A CFP. Wagner, Richard B. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan1990, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p36
In this essay, the author argues that for financial planning in general, and Certified Financial Planner recipients in particular, to become accepted and respected as a real profession and as real professionals, CFP practitioners must "think" as professionals. This means developing a...
- Reader Spotcheck. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p29
Presents chart and graph representations of survey results about financial planning. Reason financial plans fail; Collaboration between financial planners and psychotherapists; Business climate for financial planning practice.
- The Intelligent Creation of Wealth Seven Actions That Will Change Your Practice. Clark, Bob // Financial Planning;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p76
Provides advice for financial planners about their planning strategy. Benefit of conducting a profitability analysis; Advantage of conducting a client survey; Importance of having a succession plan. INSETS: What Financial Advisers Made in 2001;Time With Clients Is Money;Ready or Not:...
- Why Do Financial Plans Fail? Lee, Shelley A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p60
Presents tips for financial planners on ensuring success in financial planning. Attitude of clients toward illness and old age; Factors to consider in dealing with clients; Importance of feedback from clients; Advantage of applying psychology in developing client relationships.
- Cyberplanning on the Internet Frontier: What Practitioners Need to Know. Thompson, Duane R. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on the benefit of the Internet in financial planning in the United States. Significance of the regulatory focus on pure fraud for financial planners; Tips in establishing the compliance requirements for the Web site.
- AND IN THIS CORNER... Bresiger, Gregory // Financial Planning;Oct2000, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p109
Discusses the future, fees, commissions and possible directions of financial planning industry. Details on commissions-based planning; Background of the fee-only model; Definition of a fee-only planner; Markets served by financial planners; Potential impact of a tax deduction for retirement...
- Planning Your Financial Future. // Hispanic;Jun1999, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on financial planning. Recommendations from several financial experts; Importance of planning one's financial future.
- Serving the High-Net Worth Individual. // Practical Accountant;Nov2000, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p24
Offers advice for financial planners on how to effectively serve high-net worth individuals. Attributes being looked for in an advisory firm; Importance of communicating with the best clients when the market starts to have a bad run.
- When Planners Are Coached. Newton, Catherine // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p78
Interviews financial planners and coaches about the concept of coaching in financial planning. Definition of a coach; Types of coaching in financial planning; Reasons for seeking a coach in planning; Payment system for coaches.