When to Index? Dunn's Law Trumps the Efficiency Theory
- International stock index funds surge. Schramm, Sabine // Pensions & Investments;8/05/96, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the increase of international indexed equity assets in the six months ended May 31, 1996. Flow of capital to overseas investments; Indexed assets managed for defined contribution plans; Domestic fixed-income assets; Institutional tax-exempt enhanced index.
- Pensions & Investments' Indexes. // Pensions & Investments;12/14/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p8
Presents a chart showing the changes in the Standard & Poor's 500 stock index, Frank Russell Co.'s Russell 3000 stock index, J.P. Morgan Non-U.S. Government Bond index, Salomon Brothers Broad Investment Grade Bond index and the Morgan Stanley Capital International Europe Australasia Far East index.
- Indexing Gone Insane. Bergsman, Steve // Treasury & Risk Management;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p53
Focuses on the stock price index proliferation of investment banks, statistic vendors and others that use them for promotion. Financial managers' employment of indices to evaluate their performance; Increase in the number of indices and specialized indices that benchmark portfolios; Investors'...
- Why you may beat the S&P this year. M.F. // Money;Dec1997, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p86
Discusses investment earnings in the United States compared to the annual earnings of the Standard & Poor's 500 (S&P). Average return of the S&P; Competition with large-cap mutual funds;Equity fund returns; Broadening of the stock market.
- Passive emerging markets investing getting popular. Price, Margaret // Pensions & Investments;4/29/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the growth of passive investment in emerging markets. Passive investment by the California State Teachers' Retirement System, in Sacramento; Views of Jon Lukomnik, New York's deputy comptroller; Problems with underperformance of the Morgan Stanley Capital International Emerging...
- Croatian Assets Provide Alternative. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/27/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 39, p12
Reports on investor interest in Croatia's assets. Key deposit rate; Factors contributing to the positive sentiment in Croatia; Trend in the Croebex equity index.
- Stock-index investing gains popularity among investors. Green, Byron // Business Press;2/21/97, Vol. 9 Issue 43, p18
Reports on the growing preference among investors for nonmanaged index funds in the United States. Growth in the dollar value invested in index funds; Growth experienced by the Vanguard Index 500 fund; History of the concept of creating an index designed as a proxy for the stock market.
- Fall From Grace: BDCs to Exit Indices. A. B. // Leveraged Finance News;3/17/2014, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on the implications of the removal of business development companies from two major stock indices on investment funds' stability.
- Predictions game has no future. BAMFORD, NICK // Money Marketing;2/18/2016, p27
The author discusses his opposition against prediction in portfolio investment based on stock price index, arguing that the value of portfolios can rise and fall.
- Free float indices ring the changes. // Finance Week;8/23/2002, JSE Securities... p16
Explores the principle of free float indices of investment. Total market capitalization; Investment of domestic pension funds.