Planning Issues in Using the Roth IRA
- They Won't Pay: Current Tax Spikes Planners' Roth Conversion Expectations. Jones, Chuck // LAN: Life Association News;Mar1999, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p32
Reports that financial services companies and professionals tried to beat the 1998 deadline to either open or convert to Roth individual retirement accounts (IRA) and spread the tax cost of the conversion over four years. Information on the Roth IRA; How existing savers can tap the Roth benefits.
- Investment Commentary. Marosi, James // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/5/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p33
Focuses on the basic types of Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA) in the U.S.
- The Roth Versus The Traditional IRA: A Comparative Analysis. Butterfield, Scott L.; Jacobs, Fred A.; Larkins, Ernest R. // Journal of Applied Business Research;Fall2000, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p113
This study provides economic analyses that allow wealth accumulation comparisons between a traditional IRA and Roth IRA. We performed economic analyses involving an investor with fixed pre-tax earnings or wealth available to invest in either the traditional or the Roth IRA, but not both. These...
- Recalculating minimum distributions: Critical choices. Parrs, Gene // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;9/02/96, Vol. 10 Issue 18, p14
Discusses important considerations when an employer recalculates the minimum distribution from individual retirement accounts (IRA) and qualified pension plans. Effect on the income tax liability of the owner and his beneficiaries; Process of recalculating; Basic rules for recalculating.
- The ABCs of IRAs. // Caribbean Business;4/6/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 13, pS2
Presents information related to individual retirement accounts (IRA) in Puerto Rico. IRA as a savings or investment account similar to a retirement plan; Individuals eligible to open an IRA; Maximum annual IRA contribution.
- PEP TALK. Warburton, Mike // Accountancy;Oct98, Vol. 122 Issue 1262, p74
Compares the advantages and disadvantages of personal equity plans (PEP) and the individual savings account (ISA) in Great Britain. Main political incentive of PEPs; Investment limits in a general PEP; Annual subscription limit for ISA; Three components to the ISA.
- Clearing The Air On Roth IRA Myths. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/1/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 26, p11
Provides information on individual retirement accounts (IRA) in the U.S. Discussion on how to determine if an individual should convert their IRA to a Roth IRA; Misconceptions on Roth IRA; Main categories of people who can benefit from the Roth conversion.
- Brazil's $7 Billion Black Hole. Waggoner, John // Global Finance;Aug2001, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p42
Cites the concern on the solvency of pension funds in Brazil. Value of assets of managed funds; Benefit from fixed-income applications; Changes that analysts expect.
- Value added facts. Popplewell, Keith // Money Marketing;10/25/2001, p40
Describes the revaluation of preserved pension benefits, the second of four stages in the calculation of transfer of preserved pension benefits from a defined-benefits occupational pension scheme to a private arrangement. Discussion on the rate of price inflation required to increase the...