- Cash injection. North, Kim // Money Marketing;2/21/2002, p72
Gives advice on financial planning for companies with excess cash. Areas in which excess cash can be spent; Factors that determine the type of arrangement for pension contributions; Options open for corporations when they decide to invest; Taxation on investment bond.
- Grey areas in planning. Popplewell, Keith // Money Marketing;12/4/2003, p38
Focuses on grey areas in financial planning. Implications of pensions developments; Ruling of retirement on the grounds of age.
- DB Plans: Public Pension Underfunding Causing Concerns. Anderson, Tom // Investment Management Weekly;8/22/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p4
Focuses on issues related to the underfunding of public pensions in the U.S. in 2005. Percentage of funding levels of most public pensions; Comparison between public pensions and private plans; Development of pension obligation bonds in the country.
- Report on status of pension plans. // CPA Journal;Feb95, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p10
Reveals the funding levels of the pension plans of public companies. Trend from 1988 to 1993; Definition of the fully funded defined benefit pension plan; Assumptions underlying pension obligation calculations; Effect of the decline in interest rates, discount rates as reflection of market...
- Overseas surge continues. Price, Margaret // Pensions & Investments;1/24/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p17
Reports that the international investments by the top pension funds in the United States climbed up to 8% of defined benefit assets in the year ended September 30, 1993. Factors that contributed to the surge; Growth rates posted by different segments of the defined benefit market; Funds...
- BENEFITS HEADACHE WORSENS. Thomson, James // BRW;10/16/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p24
Discusses how deficits in defined-benefits schemes have forced some companies to tap into their earnings in Australia. Shortfalls in the defined-benefit superannuation schemes of several big companies; Threat to company earnings posed by the increasing defined-benefit deficits; Overview of...
- Whither the pension plan? Accounting rules mask increasing debt. Wiedman, Christine; Wier, Heather; Zybul, Andre // Ivey Business Journal;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p1
Discusses a study which examined the status of defined benefit pension plans. Underfunding of pension plans of companies in Canada and the U.S.; Predictions for the funded status of 2002 pension plans; Economic significance of pension liabilities.
- PensionsvermÃ¶gen 2012 gestÃ¤rkt. // Die Bank;jun2013, Issue 6, p42
The article discusses the development of capital reserves of pension funds of German corporations listed on the DAX stock market index.
- 3 announce contributions to DB plans. // Pensions & Investments;2/3/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p51
The article reports that automobile company Ford Motor Co., aerospace company Lockheed Martin Corp., and airline United Continental Holdings Inc. revealed plans to contribute a combined total of close to 2.8 billion dollars to their respective defined contribution pension plans in 2014.