A Long Road Aheadï¿½
- 401(k) scrutiny causes plan fee free-for-all. Sweeney, Kevin // Employee Benefit News;Aug2001, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p1
Reports that 401(k) participants and sponsors are reviewing the fees charged by 401(k) providers for asset management and record keeping purposes in the United States. Reason for the review of 401(k) plans; Information on the services offered to employers for reviewing 401(k) plans; Importance...
- More to Know About Your 401(k). // Business Credit;Feb2000, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p70
Focuses on 401(k) plans in the United States. Ability to participate in a 401(k) plan; Companies offering additional deferred compensation plans.
- Favorable Profit Sharing Contribution Allocations Under 401(k) Plans. Geller, Sheldon M.; Schulman, Michael D.; Pennacchio, Steven // CPA Journal;Jul99, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p60
Focuses on the proposed guidance on the design-based alternative or `safe harbor' method for satisfying the 401(k) and 401(m) nondiscrimination tests in the United States. Information on the 401(k) plan; Requirement of the safe harbor notice rules; Application of the multiple use test.
- Taking the Pulse of Your 401(k) Plan: Vendor Evaluation in Five Steps. Alford, Susan S. // Employee Benefits Journal;Dec2001, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p33
Presents tips on how to evaluate 401(k) plan vendors. Process in establishing an evaluation team; Assessment on the plan and vendor; How to decide which vendors to evaluate.
- Enron raises 401(k) investor concerns, but new rules already benefit many. Schickedanz, Karen // Inside Tucson Business;2/11/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 47, p13
Reports on investor concerns over 401(k) plans in the United States. Changes in 401(k) rules; 401(k) saver's credit rates.
- Looking to plan sponsors. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;11/30/98, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p14
Reports that one-third of plan participants look to their plan sponsor for 401(k) plan investment formation in the United States according to a survey. Company newsletters and education program as source of information; Asset allocation techniques of participants; Fiduciary liability of plan...
- Confusion of 401(k) terms. Armstrong, Ward // Pensions & Investments;08/21/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p12
Discusses information related to 401(k) plans in the United States. Definitions of 'information,' 'guidance' and 'advice.'
- Reshaping 401(k)s. Shea, Terence F. // HR Magazine;Sep2002, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p10
Talks about issues on the use of employer stock for matching employees' 401 (k) contributions in the U.S. Limits placed on investment divestiture by employees; Concern on how employer contributions are affecting participants' accounts.
- 401(k) distributions: The future is now. Curtis, Carol E. // U.S. Banker;Feb99, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p88
Focuses on the distribution of 401(k) plans in the United States. Amount of money piling up in 401(k) accounts; Importance of retaining the assets for the banks.
- 401(k) plans require time and attention. Couch, Christina // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/6/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p10
The article offers information on the 401(k) plans which are long-term savings medium that permit savers to delay income taxes until the money is withdrawn at retirement.