Bowled Over by Bolling!
- Direct Reporting Units. // Airman;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p15
Presents several direct reporting units of the U.S. Air Force. Mission of the 11th Wing; Responsibilities of the Operational Test and Evaluation Center; Vision of the Air Force Academy.
- Direct Reporting Units. // Airman;2007 Special Issue, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p15
The article offers information on the direct reporting units of the U.S. Air Force. The 11th Wing provides base operations support to assigned organizations including manpower and engineering, while the Air Force district of Washington is responsible for the deployment of air and space...
- Direct Reporting Units. // Airman;Jan2002, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p15
Presents information on several direct reporting units of the U.S. Air Force as of January 2002. 11th Wing; Air Force Doctrine Center; Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center; U.S. Air Force Academy.
- A Garden Spot. McKenna, Pat // Airman;Feb99, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on McGuire Air Force Base in New Jersey. Views of United States Air Force airmen on McGuire; Service as a redistribution terminal for Europe; Construction projects at McGuire.
- When airmen get to Los Angeles Air Force Base, they find many opportunities awaiting them, and they're soon living the...California Dream. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Jun99, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p22
Features the Los Angeles Air Force Base in California. Details on the base; Reasons for some personnel's second thoughts about the city; Comments from Lieutenant General Eugene Tattini, commander of the Space and Missile Systems Center; Information on the housing; What the personnel have to say...
- Give Vance a Chance. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;May2000, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p22
Features the Vance Air Force Base in Enid, Oklahoma. Type of lifestyle at Vance; Contributions of the Air Force base to the economy of Enid; Neatness of Vance; Changes at the base.
- U.S. and German authorities... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/1/2000, Vol. 152 Issue 1, p25
Cites the agreement between United States and German authorities to transfer the Rhein-Main air base at Frankfurt, Germany to civilian use by 2005. Incorporation of the facility into the Frankfurt airport; Cost of the handover.
- Glenview maps out land use after base closing. Moore, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;5/06/96, Vol. 19 Issue 19, pR20
Reports that the military base Glenview Naval Air Station which closed in 1995 will be turned into a residential and recreation center along with an additional school and a metra commuter train station. Space allotted for these projects; Cost of projects; When project will be completed;...
- The unexpected visitor. Selman, Scotty // Flying Safety;Mar1995, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p6
Presents a narrative regarding an unauthorized landing by a civilian aircraft at the Castle Air Force Base in California. Lack of response of civilian pilot to radio signals from airfield; Discovery of illegal drugs from the aircraft; Reasons for civilian pilot's disorientation.