Enlisted people desiring a commission are...Taking the LEAD
- COMBAT TRAINING SCHOOL. HAYNES, STAFF SGT. MARESHAH // Airman;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p38
No abstract available.
- JDAM course ushers B-1 students into new era. Scott, Ed // Program Manager;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p43
Focuses on the efforts of Rapid City, South Dakota-based United States Air Force Weapons School to expose aircrew instructors to available weapons. Efforts of the school to increase syllabus sorties to accommodate the weapon system through a flying schedule; Start of the development and...
- New Fitness Requirement Applies to Deploying Airmen. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2011, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p8
The article focuses on the application of a fitness requirement to Airmen of the U.S. Air Force preparing to attend Army-taught combat skills training (CST) before their deployment to a joint expeditionary taking and combat missions. It mentions that such training is physically demanding due to...
- When not to give the skipper extra training. Pham, T.N. // Flying Safety;Aug97, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p28
Discusses the weight of following safety rules 100 percent during air training sessions, as highlighted during a near accidental air combat session between two US Air Force airmen. Training on a high-gravity, sweat-inducing, high-workload flight; Danger of false sense of honor and desire for...
- The advanced instrument flight course or instruments `r' us. Jones, Kevin // Flying Safety;Sep94, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p9
Recounts the history of the US Air Force's Advanced Instrument Flight Course (AIFC) training program in Castle Air Force Base, California. Aim of the program to train the best instrument pilots in the world; Curricula; Areas covered during the training; Contact information.
- Attention to details. Barela, Timothy P. // Airman;Aug98, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p40
Focuses on the First Term Airman's Center which aims to facilitate the adjustment of incoming airmen to base duty. Services offered; Orientation activities; In-processing and professional briefings provided; Perks; Benefits.
- USAF operating with new AFMSS. Hughes, David // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/3/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 1, p70
Reports on the resumption of training of air crews of computerized mission planning system of the US Air Force in the software program, the Air Force Mission Support System program. Details.
- AROUND THE AIR FORCE. // Airman;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p4
Photographs of several airmen of the U.S. Air Force doing training in various places are presented including Senior Airman Jonathan Ordonez, Senior Airman Patrick Garner, and Airman 1st Class Hunter Rains.
- In the Belly of the Beast. // Airman;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p40
Photographs of several basic trainee airmen of the U.S. Air Force at the BEAST, an exercise complex which replicates the sights, sounds and emotions Airmen will experience in the deployed environment, are presented including Corrie Chaffin, Carlynne Easterwood, and Sorpisith Keo.