Tech school at Sheppard AFB is not an endless drone of classroom lectures. Students get plenty of practical experience at the Hands-on Schoolhouse
- Taking Care of Our Own. Joyner, Bo // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on a U.S. Air Force Reserve technical training Air Base, Sheppard Air Force Base in Texas, that provides technical training classes to Air Force reservists. Profile of Air Force Reserve technical training liaison, Tim Savage; Requirements to be fulfilled by Permanent Change of Station...
- Cross Into the Blue. Nelson, Don // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Dec2002, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the relevance of the training instructors in shaping the next generation of airmen. Mission of the 433rd Training Squadron at Lackland AFB; Efforts in disciplining and correcting behaviors of trainees; Integral role in helping the BMT squadrons on their mission. INSET: Reservists...
- SUPPORTING THE JOINT FIGHT. // Airman;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p40
The article offers information on the joint forcible entry exercise (JFEX) of the U.S. Army's 82nd Airborne Division and Airmen in 2011, along with the photographs of the activities.
- Perfect practice makes perfect. Gregory, Bill // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 41 Issue 6, following p33
Discusses how a lack of practice can affect a military pilot's tactics. Importance of section-instrument practice approaches; Reason for questioning the home-field tacan approach; Possible injury suffered by the wingman caused by lead's rotating beacon.
- LOW LEVEL. Houlihan, Sean P. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Dec2002, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on the benefits in teaching of life-saving skills by the airlift crews at training center Rosecrans Air National Guard Base in St. Joseph, Missouri. Features of the school; Mission to increase survivability of aircrews by threat awareness and avoidance; Procedures of the training...
- Maintenance ~ Educating the Troops. // Flying Safety;Oct2007, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p3
The article emphasizes the relevance of educating the troops on aircraft maintenance.
- Navy to use laptops for pilot training. Nordwall, Bruce D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/3/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 1, p68
Focuses on the use of control display navigation unit (CDNU) laptop computers of DCS Corp., Virginia by US Navy pilots for training on operation of cockpit systems. Details on CDNU.
- NAS Pensacola ground-breaking. // Naval Aviation News;May/Jun95, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the ground-breaking ceremony for a new Naval Air Technical Training Center to be built at historic Chevalier Field, Naval Air Station, Pensacola, Florida.
- What did I get myself into? Knaak, Jerry // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p28
Focuses on the Naval Aircrewman Candidate School (NACCS) at the Naval Air Station (NAS) in Pensacola, Florida. Minimum physical qualifications; School's training goals; Features of the training program.