- Helicopters. Roy, Thomas // Flying Safety;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 63 Issue 1/2, p40
This article offers a look at the mishaps and mishap rates of the U.S. Air Force's helicopter community for fiscal year 2006.
- Madness visible. Di Giovanni, Janine // Vanity Fair;Jul99, Issue 467, p78
Provides a firsthand account of the atrocities and human misery caused by the civil war in Kosovo, Serbia. Ethnic cleansing; Dehumanization; Hideous cycle of nationalism and ethnic hatred; Anti-Western sentiments.
- A WAR'S HIDDEN TRAGEDY. Lorch, Donatella; Mendenhall, Preston // Bulletin with Newsweek;08/15/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6237, p82
Focuses on Kosovar Albanian women who were raped by Serbian soldiers during the year 1999 war in Kosova, Serbia. Background on the Serbian forces' use of rape as an instrument to terrorize the civilian population; Women's reluctance to speak about their experiences with sexual assault.
- Their Atrocities--and Ours. Zinn, Howard // Progressive;Jul99, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p20
Presents views on the atrocities committed by Yugoslavia and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization in Kosovo, Serbia. Views on the United States media coverage of the events in Kosovo; Justification for the killings in Kosovo; Moral responsibility of the US citizens.
- Slaughter on Rakoci Street. MeGuire, Stryker // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);06/28/99 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 133 Issue 26, p26
Reports on a mass grave that could be filled with civilians massacred by Serbian troops on April 9, 1999 on Rakoci Street in Kacanik, Kosovo. The British Parachute Regiment 1st Battalion providing a sense of safety for residents; Collection of testimony from survivors and other witnesses of the...
- Slaughter on Rakoci Street. McGuire, Stryker // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);06/28/99 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 133 Issue 26, p30
Reports on a mass grave that could be filled with civilians massacred by Serbian troops on April 9, 1999 on Rakoci Street in Kacanik, Kosovo. The British Parachute Regiment's 1st Battalion providing a sense of safety for residents; Collection of testimony from survivors and other witnesses of...
- `Daddy, They're Killing Us.' Nordland, Rod // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/29/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6180, p96
Investigates the murder of one extended family in Kosovo by Serbian gunmen. Massacre of the Berisha family in a restaurant in Suva Reka, Kosovo; Murder of the children; Investigation of Serbian atrocities by the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO); Background information on the Berisha...
- USAF Aerospace-Power Doctrine Decisive or Coercive? Strickland, Paul C. // Aerospace Power Journal;Fall2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p13
Investigates whether the United States Air Force aerospace power doctrine is decisive or coercive in line with the Operation Allied Force in the conflict in Kosovo, Serbia. Doctrinal imbalance between decisive and coercive doctrine in Allied Force; Types of coercive military strategies;...
- The Politics of the Air Campaign. Hinman IV, Ellwood "Skip" // Aerospace Power Journal;Spring2000, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p82
Focuses on the politics of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization's 1999 air bombing campaign in Kosovo, Serbia, Yugoslavia and its implications and challenges for the United States (U.S.) Air Force. Political involvement at the tactical level of the air campaign; Emanations of the Vietnam War...