Estimating the Social Security Windfall Elimination Provision's Impact on Clients
- Seniors Have Some Advice About Retirement For Boomers. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/25/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 40, p28
Presents some insights from successful seniors for boomers to attain successful retirement, according to pool release. Financial advices regarding retirement; Investigation on lifestyle issues as an important factor to the elder's life; Purpose of the research study.
- Avoid regret later; do needed estate, final planning now. Goeller, Gail // Journal of Business (10756124);4/19/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 9, pB2
The article focuses on the importance of planning ahead for retirement. The author cited several cases regarding the failure to act including a couple whose child has been in and out of rehabilitation for drug problems and a couple with a total monthly income of only about $1500 from Social...
- Planning For Non-Retirement. Miller, Mark // REP.;Dec2013, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p26
The article presents information on how older people who are still working despite reaching retirement age, should plan for earned benefits. It focuses on the importance of retirement planning for such people. It discusses how these people can file for social security and Medicare benefits. It...
- Retirement Realities. Smart, Tim; Lim, Paul J.; Dotinga, Randy; Markowitz, Arnold; Smith Jr, W. Thomas // U.S. News & World Report;6/3/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 19, p68
Discusses retirement trends in the United States. Economic aspects of retirement; Mention of 401(k) retirement plans; Activities of retirees; Importance of retirement planning; Role of Social Security; Outlook for an increase of aged people in the U.S.
- 1: It literally pays to work, and MONEY can buy peace of mind. Lim, Paul J. // U.S. News & World Report;6/12/2006, Vol. 140 Issue 22, p44
The article discusses the economic, social and health benefits of a delayed retirement. The article mentions that most workers over 50 do not have adequate retirement savings, so many need to work longer. Also, many baby boomers have had children later in life than their parents did, so some...
- Meeting the needs of seniors citizens now. Davidow, Lawrence // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);06/04/99, Vol. 46 Issue 23, p4B
Focuses on the importance of retirement planning for senior citizens in Long Island, New York. Example of a senior citizen couple who are already planning for their retirement; Need for the local government to act immediately to meet the needs of senior citizens in the area; Problems affecting...
- Retirement confidence higher among men than women. Hersch, Warren S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;Jul2014, Vol. 118 Issue 7, p15
The article presents the result of the survey conducted by the companies of OneAmerica which reveals older people with an income over $75, 000 are confident for their retirement benefits wherein they maintain their lifestyles into retirement in the U.S.
- Redefining Retirement in Your Company. Durkin, Dianne // Business NH Magazine;Aug2007, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p20
The article reports on issues and topics related to retirement plans among senior employees in the U.S. A study showed that the percentage of people ages 25 to 54 working in their prime working years, is shrinking. It was also mentioned that 40 percent of workers retire earlier than actually...
- Ageing Workforce: Firm Strategies and Public Policy in Germany. Schm�hl, Winfried // Geneva Papers on Risk & Insurance - Issues & Practice;Oct2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p575
Discusses trends in labor force participation among older people in Germany. Policy prescriptions of French government to manage work force participation in various organized and unorganized sectors; Ageing problem and its consequence on pension programs in France; Changes in the age...