- Workers' Savings Picture Improves. // Plan Advisor News;2013, p86
The article focuses on the poll in 2013 conducted by the CareerBuilder, an online employment website in the U.S., regarding retirement plans for employees. It says that the website polled 2,999 employees in the U.S. which shows that 17 percent of them reduce their contributions to personal...
- THE PERFECT PENSION STORM. Leroux, Martin // Canadian Investment Review;Winter2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, pR7
Focuses on the decline of the Canadian pension market. Factors that contributed to the decline; Information on the failure to recognize the short-term nature of liabilities; Importance of proper planning and budgeting during the pension market decline.
- Living With GASB 45: How to Manage Liabilities Associated With Retiree Medical Benefits. Thoen, Frank; Wade, Daniel // Benefits Quarterly;2008 First Quarter, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p39
The Governmental Accounting Standards Board Statement 45 (GASB 45) obliges public employers to disclose liabilities related to postretirement medical benefits. Most state and local government entities are beginning to analyze and quantify how GASB 45 liabilities will affect their balance sheets...
- Workers back SG increase. Pokrajac, Milana // Money Management;6/17/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p11
The article reports on the poll released by the Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees (AIST) which shows that 12% of Australians support a rise in the superannuation guarantee and estimate that they need a retirement income of 40,000 dollars or more.
- Super way for Gens X and Y. // Super Review;Aug2006, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p10
The article highlights the results of a nationwide public opinion poll commissioned by Finsia, which shows that generations X and Y believe they will have to work throughout retirement. Majority of under 40-year-olds are retirement literate and aware they could contribute a grater voluntary...
- Lagislation. Lovewell, Debbie // Employee Benefits;Aug2007, Special section p14
The article presents the result of the survey about the Employment Equality Regulations in Great Britain, that outlawed the use of unjustifiable retirement ages below 65 years. Base from the data, 56% of employers will not make any alterations to their scheme, while 16% have introduced flexible...
- Voters Sound Off on Retirement. Stock, Howard // American Banker;9/20/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 144, p7
The article discusses a survey completed by the research firms Public Opinions Strategies and Lake Research Partners in which people discuss concerns they have about retirement, additional retirement options that should be made available and to the extent that law makers do not understand the...
- STICKING TO RETIREMENT PLANS. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Dec2012, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p3
The article presents the results of a reader poll related to changing one's retirement account due to the fluctuating 2012 economy, noting that the majority made no changes while others withdrew funds, stopped making contributions, or reduced their contributions.
- RETIREMENT? WHAT'S THAT? Dolliver, Mark // Adweek;7/14/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 23, p31
The article reports that a public opinion poll commissioned by the insurance company MetLife found a majority of U.S. consumers misinformed on basic economic facts concerning their retirement. Majorities of those polled underestimated the amount of savings needed and their own life expectancies.