PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Nobody Asked Me, But... Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p64
Presents the highlights of the 2005 Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing Summit in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Description of the video montage done by Wieden & Kennedy for ESPN; Layout of the demonstration area; Overview of the topics discussed at the summit.
- THE CTAM/SCTE MASHUP. // Multichannel News;10/18/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p32
The article presents information on the October 2010 Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing Summit and the October 2010 Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers Cable Tec-Expo.
- CABLE CONNECTIONS. // Cable World (10427228);10/14/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p54
Presents an update on employee selection and appointment in several cable television and telecommunication companies in the U.S. as of October 2002. Appointment of Walter Oden at A&E Television Networks; Position of Carol Barnes at Avalon Media Group; Appointment of Jeff Jarvis at Core Networks.
- Big Apple is hot spot for cable this week. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;9/23/96, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p2
Reports on the convening of top executives in the cable industry at the Walter Kaitz Foundation in New York. Comments from persons who usually attend the banquet; Inclusions of industry organizations that will be holding meetings during the week of September 23, 1996.
- MAJOR SHOWS. // Multichannel News;8/6/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p29
A schedule of events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. compiled as of August 2007. The 21st annual conference of the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity will be held in New York Hilton in New York City on September 16-18. The 2007 Fundraising Dinner of the Walter Kaitz...
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p22
Presents information on recruitments and events related to cable television industry in the U.S. as of August 4, 2003. Appointment of Sandie Zeigler as director of learning and development in southern division of cable television company Comcast Corp.; Schedule for the conference of the Cable...
- Indies' Consolidated Clout. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/7/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p3
The article reports on the Independent Show sponsored by the National Cable Television Cooperative and the American Cable Association in Chicago, Illinois, in July 2006. The key issues discussed in the event include national franchising and retransmission consent. The convention attracted a...
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Gibbons, Kent; Haugsted, Linda; Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p75
The article reports on the return of The Cable Show to the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana. It discusses the announcement that the 2008 Cable Show will feature numerous and as-yet-unspecified tributes and recovery aid for New Orleans. However, some people quietly...
- Switched Digital Surges at SCTE Expo. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/26/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p40
Highlights the Cable Tec-Expo held by the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers in July 2006 in Denver, Colorado. Topics discussed at the event; Implications of the event for cable broadcasting; Technological developments featured at the expo.