- FCC unplugs cable deals from condos. Triplett, William // Daily Variety;11/1/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 24, p6
The article reports on the restriction of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the service contracts of cable television (TV) operators in apartments and condominiums due to competition. The operators argue that the exclusive contracts should be imposed to cable companies only....
- Cable Seeks Stay On Leased Access. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;4/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p30
The article reports on the call of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) regarding the suspension of the new rule regarding the leased-access rates of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the U.S. According to the NCTA, the rules will affect both cable operators...
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Hearn, Ted; Donohue, Steve; Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p58
The article presents news briefs on the U.S. cable television and telecommunication industry as of December 2005. Gail MacKinnon has been appointed at the National Cable & Telecommunications Association. The rise in fuel prices caused Time Warner Cable to increase its subscription fees. Deborah...
- NAMIC names award for Cox. // Electronic Media;02/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on the plans of the National Association of Minorities in Cable to name the first recipients of its annual Winston `Tony' Cox Executive Achievement Award at the National Cable Television Association Convention in March 1997.
- Anstrom on board. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;09/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p12
Announces that Decker Anstrom has been named as a member of the board of the National Cable Television Association (NCTA). Former position with the NCTA; Replacement of John Wynne.
- Youth movement at NCTA. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;08/30/99, Vol. 129 Issue 36, p12
Reports on David Krone's appointment as executive vice president of the Washington D.C.-based National Cable Television Association. Career background; Achievements; Duties and responsibilities.
- VDT opponents hope to raise new hurdles. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;5/23/94, Vol. 124 Issue 21, p103
Reports on the New Jersey Cable Television Association and the National Cable Television Association's call for Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to investigate possible violations of video dialtone (VDT) rules by telephone companies. Cable industry's allegation that Bell Atlantic...
- FCC, cable close to `going forward'. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;9/26/94, Vol. 124 Issue 39, p18
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) negotiation with the cable television companies regarding the addition of cable programming. Debates over the rules on the movement of services between regulated and unregulated tiers; Markup proposed by the National Cable...
- Spectrum Plan Bother Cable. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;01/22/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p36
Reports on the United States cable television industry's concern over a Federal Communications Commission proposal designed to promote efficient management of the satellite spectrum used to beam cable networks to headends. Impact of the FCC proposal on operators and programmers, according to...