- Cable Seeks Stay On Leased Access. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;4/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p30
The article reports on the call of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) regarding the suspension of the new rule regarding the leased-access rates of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the U.S. According to the NCTA, the rules will affect both cable operators...
- FCC unplugs cable deals from condos. Triplett, William // Daily Variety;11/1/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 24, p6
The article reports on the restriction of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the service contracts of cable television (TV) operators in apartments and condominiums due to competition. The operators argue that the exclusive contracts should be imposed to cable companies only....
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Hearn, Ted; Donohue, Steve; Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p58
The article presents news briefs on the U.S. cable television and telecommunication industry as of December 2005. Gail MacKinnon has been appointed at the National Cable & Telecommunications Association. The rise in fuel prices caused Time Warner Cable to increase its subscription fees. Deborah...
- NAMIC names award for Cox. // Electronic Media;02/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on the plans of the National Association of Minorities in Cable to name the first recipients of its annual Winston `Tony' Cox Executive Achievement Award at the National Cable Television Association Convention in March 1997.
- Anstrom on board. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;09/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p12
Announces that Decker Anstrom has been named as a member of the board of the National Cable Television Association (NCTA). Former position with the NCTA; Replacement of John Wynne.
- Youth movement at NCTA. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;08/30/99, Vol. 129 Issue 36, p12
Reports on David Krone's appointment as executive vice president of the Washington D.C.-based National Cable Television Association. Career background; Achievements; Duties and responsibilities.
- Washington watch. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;2/20/95, Vol. 125 Issue 8, p60
No abstract available.
- FCC: Cable's in fine state. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;4/3/95, Vol. 125 Issue 14, p80
Reports on US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) continuance of its unofficial public relations campaign to promote the economic benefits of regulation in the cable industry. State of the cable industry for 1990 to 1994; Comments of the National Cable Television Association about FCC's...
- At the Portals:. // CableFAX Daily;8/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 155, p1
The article reports on the support of the National Cable Television Association to the plans of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to extend USF obligations to interconnected Voice Over Internet Protocol providers. The association, however, believes that the FCC should change its...