Time Warner Files, Fights
- Start Over Stats:. // CableFAX Daily;4/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 68, p1
Reports on the performance of the Start Over service of Time Warner Cable from January to March 2006. Plan of Time Warner to expand the service; Popular networks viewed over the service.
- MSG Nets Sue Breakaway Mets. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;11/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p50
Reports on the decision of Madison Square Garden Network to sue the New York Mets baseball team. Reasons behind the decision of the network to sue the baseball team; Background on the contract of the Mets with the cable television network; Plan of the Mets to launch a regional sports network in...
- Cablevision's N.Y. Sports Networks On Brink, Again. Umstead, Thomas // Multichannel News;11/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p1
Presents information on the dispute between Madison Square Garden Networks (MSGN) and Time Warner Cable Inc. over expenses for games spread across New York in 2004. Plans of MSGN to cut off its network and FSN New York from Time Warner Cable subscribers; Refusal by a New York state judge to...
- News: digest. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/2/2003, Vol. 380 Issue 12, p8
YES Network has sued Time Warner Cable Inc. for dropping the network, which telecasts New York Yankees games, from its basic subscription package. Scott Spungin has been promoted to senior vice president business affairs at MGM Television Entertainment. Spungin reports to MGM Television...
- Time Warner Shuffle. // CableFAX Daily;4/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 63, p2
Reports that Time Warner Cable Inc. has officially launched its 15-channel family tier in the U.S.
- TW ENTERS THE GAME. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/28/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the creation of cable television for sports broadcasting by Time Warner Cable Inc. in New York City. Features of the cable television; Television channels included on the cable television; Price in subscribing the cable television.
- THE PERSEVERANCE PAY-OFF. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;11/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 48, p20
The article reports on the rate of penetration of high definition (HD) television set-tops among digital subscribers of Time Warner Cable in Columbia, South Carolina as of November 2005. Time Warner Cable has a 13% penetration of HD television set-tops among its subscribers. Time Warner Cable...
- Time Warner First With Family Tier. Umstead, Tom // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p1
The article reports on the family tier of programming to be offered by Time Warner Cable. The channels represent the attempt of Time Warner to respond to indecent television programming.
- Time Warner First In a Family Way. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p3
The article reports on the creation of a family friendly tier of cable television service by Time Warner Cable in response to indecent television programming. The family tier programming, however, was criticized by the Parents Television Council. The service would also be costly to consumers....