- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);4/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p34
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry as of April 21, 2003. Change in the name of The National Network which will take effect on June 16; Advertising commitments received by Hallmark Channel; Plans to launch The Tennis Channel with coverage of the Tennis Masters series on May 15.
- Cox-Disney On-Demand Deal Blocks Ad-Skipping. Reynolds, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/14/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p14
The article reports that ESPN Inc. and ABC Television Group reached a deal with Cox Communications Inc. on a trial that would give the cable operator's customer access to high-profile fare the day after the broadcast premieres of the show. The shows included in the trial are "Grey's Anatomy,...
- Ops Fret ESPN Hikes: This Year's and 2002's. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the preparations of cable television operators for a rate increase from ESPN. Potential acquisition of National Basketball Association package; Renewal of Sunday-night National Football League package.
- ESPN College Football Hits Nielsen Pay. REYNOLDS, MIKE // Multichannel News;1/19/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p7
The article focuses on the increased audience reported by the television network ESPN during the telecast of the College Football Playoff match between Ohio State and Oregon football teams in January 12, 2015, measured by market information firm Nielsen on live-plus-same-day basis. It presents...
- VALUE OF THE GAME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1B
Examines the relationship between sporting events and the cable industry and the high level of influence each has on the other. Domination of cable or broadcast networks in telecast rights of major U.S. sports; Consistent viewership ratings enjoyed by sporting events; High costs of acquisition...
- Cox Tips Hornets-Centered Net In N'awlins. Umstead, R Thomas // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p14
Reports on deals of the regional sports network Cox Sports Television, slated to launch on October 28, 2002 with several television networks. Terms of the agreement of the network with the ESPN channel to provide college-sports events and news programming; Plans of the network regarding its...
- Cable bases loading up with new sports webs. Richmond, Ray // Variety;10/14/96, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p39
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States as of October 14, 1996. Cable networks' launch of sports news channels; Background on the market for sports news channels; Market observers' comments.
- Ganging up on sports fees. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;5/13/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 20, p22
Focuses on the impact of increased sports-programming cost on the cable television broadcasting of sports events in the U.S. Reference to the failure of Cablevision Systems to carry Yankees Entertainment & Sports; Subscribers lost by Cablevision due to the conflict; Involvement of ESPN.
- Court TV. Sparrow, David // Tennis;
Reports on the launching of the Tennis Channel cable network.