Divvying Up Adelphia
- Adelphia Communications revises bankruptcy plan. // Buffalo Law Journal;6/30/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 52, p1
Reports on the joint merger of Adelphia Communications Corp. with Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. Components of the bankruptcy reorganization plan of Adelphia; Amount of assets sold by Adelphia to Time Warner and Comcast; Reasons behind the business failure of Adelphia.
- Adelphia Resets Plan. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p42
Focuses on the changes in the fourth plan of reorganization filed by Adelphia Communications Corp. that it hopes will speed up its bankruptcy process and pave the way for its acquisition by Time Warner and Comcast Corp. Conditions set by the reorganization plan for bondholders; Reduction in the...
- FCC Sets Adelphia Date. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;7/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to vote at its July 13, 2006 public meeting to approve the acquisition of Adelphia Communications by Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. Conditions that are expected to come with the approval; Options of FCC chairman Kevin...
- CABLERS SNARE FILL 0' ADELPHIA. Goldsmith, Jill; McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;4/21/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 14, p1
The article informs that a ruling by a federal bankruptcy judge in New York on Wednesday appears to have paved the way for Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. to buy Adelphia Communications Corp., in a $17.6 billion deal that could be announced as early as today. Judge Robert Gerber approved a...
- On the Block, Adelphia Consolidates in Anaheim. Maio, Pat // Orange County Business Journal;10/11/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the plan of Adelphia Communications Corp., the bankrupt cable operator, to consolidate its business from Santa Ana to Anaheim, California. Adelphia's plan to sell part of its business to a venture of Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Inc.; Customer complaints against Adelphia; Reasons for...
- Adelphia Winners Divvy Up Gains. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p8
This article reports on the acquisition of Adelphia Communications Corp. by Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. Time Warner will gain control of the Los Angeles, Dallas and Cleveland market, while Comcast will take charge of the Florida, Minneapolis and Pittsburgh market. Control of a national...
- Cash and Cable. Grossman, Andrew // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 40, p8
Reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Inc. to bid for Adelphia Communications Corp. in the U.S. as of October 4, 2004. Information on a deal between Comcast Corp. and Time Warner; Benefits of acquiring Adelphia to the companies; Effect of the bid on the bondholders of Adelphia.
- FTC OK's Adelphia Deal. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;2/6/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p23
Reports on the approval of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission on the acquisition of Adelphia by Time Warner and Comcast. Value of the acquisition; Plans of the two companies on Adelphia; Statement of the commission on the decision.
- TW Hopes for Full FCC. Hearn, Ted; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p41
Focuses on the delay in the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's approval of the acquisition of Adelphia Communications Corp. by Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. Claim made by satellite providers that Comcast and Time Warner will emerge from the deal with so much regional market clout;...