SBC Sues Calif. City Over Access
- Milwaukee Sues Over U-Verse. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/1/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by the city of Milwaukee in Wisconsin against AT&T Corp. which seeks to clarify the legal status of its U-Verse TV Internet Protocol Television service. The company first asked for a permit that will allow them to build a tower, which will be used for...
- AT&T pumping up IFC. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/22/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 22, p41
Reports on cable television distributor AT&T Corp.'s plan to use the Independent Film Channel (IFC) to market its digital products. Localized promotions on IFC's analog sister network Bravo; Arrangement born out of IFC's proximity to Bravo; Test of the collaboration in the Denver, Colorado market.
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...
- Looking for a Prediction? I'll Give You Ten of Them. Kagan, Paul // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p18
Comments on the possible improvement of cable television broadcasting. Plan of the National Football League for a cable option for football games; Advances in cable television receivers and recorders.
- Let's get digital. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, pSR28
Discusses the status of the cable television industry with the launching of high-technology services as of June 2001. Views on the customer services of cable operators; Popularity of digital cable; Information on video-on-demand; Importance of digital and high-speed data. INSET: Smooth operators.
- Rocking the Industry. // Multichannel News;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p3A
Reports that the cable television network HBO has redefined excellence in television entertainment as of November 2002. Size of the audience of HBO; Comments of Howard Rosenberg, critic for the newspaper 'Los Angeles Times' on the entertainment programs telecast on HBO; Growth in the revenues...