Deal Would Ease Hallmark Sale
- Hallmark Could Draw Suitors. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/22/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p4
Reports on the plan to sell cable television network, Hallmark Channel. Potential buyers of Hallmark Channel; Reasons for the decision of Crown Media Holdings Inc., operator of Hallmark Channel, to sell the cable network; Improvement of Hallmark's rating in July 2005.
- Hallmark Steps Up Its 'Holiday' Spend. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;11/10/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p9
The article reports on Hallmark Channel's introduction of a multipronged marketing campaign under the tagline "Home for the Holidays." The campaign includes consumer sweepstakes and a first-time presence in Wal-Mart Stores. According to executive vice president of marketing Laura Masse, the...
- Hallmark Eyes $250M In '08. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;3/31/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p8
The article reports that Hallmark Channel is targeting a 20 percent run-up in advertising sales for 2008. The cable network has been encouraged by continual ratings improvement, the growing buying power of its baby-boomer audience and an expanded slate of television films. The article also...
- Hallmark's Odyssey Takes New Tack. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;04/02/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p8
Reports on the renaming of the Odyssey cable television channel to Hallmark Channel. Parent firm Crown Media Holdings Inc.'s reasons for changing the channel's name; Multimedia promotional and advertising campaign that will precede the changeover to Hallmark Channel.
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;1/25/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p36
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues of the publication "Multichannel News" including "Cable Rates Rise 3%-4% on Average in 2016" in the January 18, 2016 issue and "Cuba-Themed Network Set to Launch This Spring" in the January 19, 2016 issue.
- Flash! back. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/4/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 14, p7
Presents the top 10 most likely to succeed cable channels in the U.S. in 1995, according to cable executives, including Cartoon Network.
- LINGO. // Multichannel News;4/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p8
The article discusses the development of television navigation system wherein one could limitless find and allow the viewing of video from any source including DVR, the Internet and a computer's hard drive.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.