Time Warner First With Family Tier
- Time Warner First In a Family Way. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p3
The article reports on the creation of a family friendly tier of cable television service by Time Warner Cable in response to indecent television programming. The family tier programming, however, was criticized by the Parents Television Council. The service would also be costly to consumers....
- HBO enters a growing Korean cable market. Alford, Christopher // Variety;10/02/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 7, p48
Reports on the resurgence of the cable television industry in South Korea after the country's economic crisis in 1998. Launching of HBO Korea on October 2, 2000; Limitation on foreign investment in broadcasting; Penetration rates of cable televisions in affluent areas.
- Our Town. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;06/14/99, Vol. 9 Issue 24, Cable p34
Emphasizes the advantages of regional cable news networks over local cable news networks. Proof that the demand for regional cable news network is growing; Overview of the situation at New York 1 News cable network; Discussion and analysis of the trend.
- Station Problems for Azteca. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;7/2/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p7
Reports on the series of distribution setbacks encountered by Azteca America, a Hispanic television (TV) broadcast network, that could delay the network from getting on the air. Information on Azteca's agreement to acquire KXTX-TV in Dallas, Texas; Impact of Univision's acquisition of TV outlets...
- Still Entertaining. // CableFAX Daily;2/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p2
The article reports that television channel Court TV has always been on the low-cost basic tier of television network Time Warner Cable-New York City as insisted by the company on January 30, 2006.
- In-your-face music. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, pSR8
Reports on the competition between cable television networks MTV2 and MuchMusic USA, which target Web-savvy viewers. Details on the program lineup of MuchMusic; Information on MTV2 show `Control Freak'; Comparison of the number of households reached by the networks.
- TCI restores VH1, MTV. Bambarger, Bradley // Billboard;02/01/97, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p84
Reports that cable television provider Tele-Communications Inc. (TCI) bowed to pressure and decided to return cable music channels VH1 and MTV to the air in Denver, Colorado and other markets. Background on TCI's pulling of the stations in December 1996; Protests from Viacom, artists and...
- Pay cabler Flix tries new tricks. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;08/30/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 62, p5
Reports that cable television network Flix!, a subsidiary of Showtime, has revamped its on-air appearance and scheduling strategy and signed an affiliation deal with Comcast Cable.
- CNN to run pubcaster. // Daily Variety;08/09/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 46, p11
Reports on broadcaster Doordarshan's deal with Cable News Network (CNN) for international carriage of the pubcaster's signal in India.