Move Over, iTunes -- Microsoft Wants to Play
- The big push. Rosenthal, Marshal M. // Marketing Tools;Aug97, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p9
Reports that Microsoft Corp. is striving to become the leader in Push technology with a standard called Channel Definition Format (CDF). Push as online information that downloads automatically on a regular basis; Advantage of CDF; Use of CDF by America Online; Advertising-sponsored games...
- Xbox Live Turns Five. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;11/18/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p11
The article reports on the fifth anniversary celebration of Xbox Live with the announcement that it had reached more than 8 million members. It says that an Xbox Live Arcade game has been made available by Microsoft to members free for download. A statement was issued by John Schappert,...
- Caddie Customizer: Message Light Flashing After Show. Cruz, Sherri // Orange County Business Journal;10/17/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p16
Reports developments in various industries in the U.S. Profits gained by Renick Cadillac Motorsport in its participation in the California International Auto Show held at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California in October 2005; Expansion of Kaitlyn, the women's boutique owned by...
- Microsoft exhibits at Linux show. Doyle, Eric // Computer Weekly;7/11/2002, p4
Reports the attendance of Microsoft Corp. at the LinuxWorld Expo at Moscone Center in San Francisco, California.
- BlizzCon Gets Sponsor in Windows 10. DiMartino, Mediha // Orange County Business Journal;10/19/2015, Vol. 38 Issue 42, p6
The article offers information on the BlizzCon sponsored by technology company Microsoft Corp. on November 6 to 8, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California.
- Microsoft's tool for migrating data, sellings to Win 7 is all WET. Garcia, Andrew // eWeek;1/18/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p28
The article evaluates the download Windows Easy Transfer (WET) from Microsoft Corp.
- Automate MBSA. Fellinge, Jeff // Windows IT Pro;Mar2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p52
Presents guidelines for creating an automated networkwide scanning program using Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) 1.2.1 together with MBSA sample scripts from Microsoft Corp. Downloading of MBSA and the sample script; Remote and local scanning; Scanning the system after every restart.
- MSN Store Opens Door To New Pricing Scheme. Garrity, Brian // Billboard;9/18/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 38, p49
Presents updates on the music industry in the U.S. as of September 2004. Pricing scheme launched by Microsoft for music downloads via its MSN Music Store; Music track pricing offered by several music companies.
- Microsoft To Reinforce Its Media Play. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p3
The article reports on the launch of a new version of the Windows Media Player from Microsoft Corp. in an effort to enhance its download service. The company has already established relationships with several media and communication businesses. In addition, Microsoft is also trying to make the...