- Vanadium for diabetes. Kent, Heather // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;1/12/99, Vol. 160 Issue 1, p17
Reports on the use of vanadium, a common mineral, to treat diabetes. Use of vanadium in the steel industry; Study by John McNeill at the University of British Columbia's Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences in Canada; The challenge of absorption that vanadium posed to researchers.
- FACULTY OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES AND CENTRE FOR DRUG RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT. // Canadian Architect;May2014, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p28
The article discusses the architectural design of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Centre for Drug Research and Development building at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, British Columbia, a project conceived by the firms Saucier + Perrotte Architectes and Hughes Condon...
- Lesbian conversion. Vanagas, Steve // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/19/95, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p44
Reports on the complaint filed by British Columbia-based University of Victoria student Kathleen Westergaard against the University's Department of Women's Studies. Objection to a role-playing designed to study homophobia; Department's bias against heterosexual women; University as center of...
- Teacher nurtures hopes and skills of vulnerable students. // South Asian Post;6/6/2013, p11
The article offers brief information on the work profile of Navi Bhatti, student at the University of Victoria located in Victoria, British Columbia.
- The University of Victoria -- Department of Psychology. McCunn, Lindsay J. // Psynopsis: Canada's Psychology Newspaper;Winter2013, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p60
The article presents a brief profile of the University of Victoria's (UVic's) Department of Psychology.
- How to Make a Profit in Ten Days. // BizEd;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p72
The article offers information on the idea of the Gustavson School of Business at the University of Victoria, Oak Bay British Columbia to build entrepreneurial experience in the fourth-year undergraduates enrolled in for three month entrepreneurship specialization. It mentions that every student...
- They call him Long Ago Person Found. Hunter, Troy // Raven's Eye;Dec2000, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p2
Reports the discovery of artifacts and human remains by non-Aboriginal sheep hunters in the Tatsenshini-Alsek Park in Northwestern British Columbia. Presentation of the artifacts and human remains to public view at University of Victoria; Notification on the discovery at Beringia Center in...
- One Man's Burden. O'Donnell, Michael // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);10/4/1986, Vol. 293 Issue 6551, p892
Comments of the author on the publications of medical books in Great Britain. Reasons for publishing the medical book; Definition of news on the view of the editor; Diversion of pastime on diagnosing the provenance of the stories.
- Notepad. // Medical Marketing & Media;Apr2003, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p22
Presents news briefs concerning medical publishing in the United States as of April 2003. Inclusion of Cliggott Publishing Co.'s launch of a quarterly journal titled 'Headache and Pain: Diagnostic Challenges, Current Therapy'; Biopharm International editor-in-chief Patrick Clinton's appointment...