Foot ulcer and osteomyelitis
- Cutaneous Inoculation Blastomycosis. Gray, Nathan A.; Baddour, Larry M. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;5/15/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 10, pe44
Presents a study of the cutaneous inoculation blastomycosis. Characterization of the syndrome; Details of the laboratory examination; Sources of the disease.
- Chromoblastomycosis in Kerala, India. Chandran, Veena; Sadanandan, Sadeep M.; Sobhanakumari, K. // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p728
Background: We are reporting 35 new cases of Chromoblastomycosis from Central Kerala. A majority of the cases from India are reported from the Sub Himalayan belt and South India. The disease scenario in India and abroad is briefly reviewed. Aims: To study chromoblastomycosis in Central Kerala...
- Practice Guidelines for the Management of Patients with Blastomycosis. Chapman, Stanley W.; Bradsher Jr., Robert W.; Campbell Jr., G. Douglas; Pappas, Peter G.; Kauffman, Carol A. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;4/1/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p679
Executive Summary Guidelines for the treatment of blastomycosis are presented; these guidelines are the consensus opinion of an expert panel representing the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Mycoses Study Group and the Infectious Diseases Society of America. The clinical...
- Clinical Characteristics and Outcomes in Patients with Pulmonary Blastomycosis. Doug Kralt; Bruce Light; Mary Cheang; Tracy MacNair; Lyle Wiebe; Bill Limerick; Pete Sarsfield; Greg Hammond; Kerry MacDonald // Mycopathologia;Mar2009, Vol. 167 Issue 3, p115
Abstract BackgroundÂ Â Blastomycosis is an uncommon granulomatous infection caused by the thermally dimorphic fungus BlastomycesÂ dermatitidis. The most frequent clinical infections involve the lung, skin, and bone. Pulmonary manifestations range from asymptomatic self-limited infection to...
- Coccidioidomycosis as a common cause of community-acquired pneumonia. Valdivia, Lisa; Nix, David; Wright, Mark; Lindberg, Elizabeth; Fagan, Timothy; Lieberman, Donald; Stoffer, T'Prien; Ampel, Neil M.; Galgiani, John N. // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Jun2006, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p958
The early manifestations of coccidioidomycosis (valley fever) are similar to those of other causes of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP). Without specific etiologic testing, the true frequency of valley fever may be underestimated by public health statistics. Therefore, we conducted a...
- Clinical and Imaging Findings in Five Dogs with Intracranial Blastomycosis (Blastomyces dermatiditis). // Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association;Jul2011, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p241
The article describes clinical and imaging findings in dogs with intracranial blastomycosis. Initial symptoms include stertor/nasal discharge, exophthalmos and seizures. A single contrast-enhancing intra-axial mass, nasal mass disrupting the cribriform plate and an intracranial mass extending...
- Loboa loboi. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p1263
A definition of the term Loboa loboi is presented. Loboa loboi refers to the fungus that causes keloidal blastomycosis. It has been identified in tissues but has not been cultured. The definition is taken from the "Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary," published by F.A. Davis Co.
- Lobo's disease. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p1263
A definition of the medical term "Lobo's disease" is presented. Lobo's disease is another term for Keloidal blastomycosis. The definition is from the "Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary," published by F.A. Davis Co.
- valley fever. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p2293
A definition of the term "valley fever" is presented. It refers to coccidioidomycosis.