Doubting Dr. Dino
- Experts, truth and scepticism. Gannon, Frank // EMBO Reports;Dec2004, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p1103
Discusses key issues concerning the dilemma in science regarding truth and skepticism in research. Counterbalance between the different opinions of scientific experts; Variances in the interpretation and understanding of events by scientists; Implications on scientific research.
- You can't argue with that. Ayton, Peter // New Scientist;11/25/2000, Vol. 168 Issue 2266, p51
Offers the opinion that humans are reluctant to change their minds about strongly held beliefs. Opinion that scientists are among the most vehement adherents to ideas; Study in which skeptics and believers were asked to rate the methodological quality of a study on extrasensory perception...
- Legal Troubles Plague Kent Hovind. Martinez, Greg // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the arrest of creationists, Kent Hovind and Jo Hovind. Kent Hovind is the founder of Creation Science Ministries and the creator of Dinosaur Adventure Land in Pensacola, Florida. According to the author, Hovind refused to pay a $50 filing fee for a building permit in 2001...
- Interpreting Davidson's omniscient interpreter. Manning, Richard N. // Canadian Journal of Philosophy;Sep95, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p335
Examines Donald Davidson's claims that belief is in its nature veridical and that skepticism is for this reason fundamentally incoherent. Meaning and radical interpretation; Varieties of objection; Claims of incoherence; Successful attribution of mistaken beliefs; True belief without knowledge.
- EPISTEMOLOGICAL SKEPTICISM(S) AND RATIONAL SELF-CONTROL. Ribeiro, Brian // Monist;Jul2002, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p468
Discusses the concept of epistemological skepticism. Doxastic self-control; Rational self-control; Persistence of skeptically-problematized beliefs.
- Sri Aurobino on Skepticism. // Journal of Religion & Psychical Research;Jan1999, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p25
Presents yogi Sri Aurobino's views on skepticism, as described in his work 'Letters on Yoga.' Futility of trying to remove the spirit of doubt through logic; Difference in the mental positions of people.
- Introduction. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);7/8/2010, Issue 541, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on skepticism, another on a letter that dealt with presentations on mental health programs discussed at the Northern Wisconsin Center (NWC) conference, another on suggestions from Bertrand Russell on mastering...
- Debasing scepticism. Brueckner, Anthony // Analysis;Apr2011, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p295
A review of the article "Debasing Scepticism," by Jonathan Schaffer, which appeared in the journal "Analysis" in 2010 is presented.
- WHAT IS A SKEPTIC? // Skeptic;2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p5
The article focuses on the concept of skepticism in the U.S. According to the author, skepticism is a tentative approach to claims, and that it is a method and not a position. Moreover, the author said that modern skepticism is embodied in the scientific method, that involves collecting of data...