Mahatma Gandhi's "New Education"
- Education in India. // Education;Sep1964, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p28
The article provides an account of the educational system of India. The ideal of Hindu education was culture and not literacy. It focuses on the development of the self in order for an individual to achieve the highest and fullest possible life in the circumstances in which he was placed. The...
- Reshaping Gandhi's Humanistic Model of Education: Towards a 'Socially Conscious' Entrepreneurship Education. Chand, Vijaya Sherry // International Journal of the Humanities;Sep2007, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p143
In recent times higher education in developing countries has been seen as primarily 'application-oriented' and geared to the demands of rapidly expanding markets. At the same time, concern about the role of education in developing values for sustainable human development, has grown. The...
- Mahatma Gandhi. Kennedy, Julie // Ethos;Nov2006, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p29
The article offers teaching methods for studying the influence and impact of the late political leader Mahatma Gandhi on the study of international politics in Victoria, British Columbia. Gandhi was a post-World War II political leader and his leadership was instrumental in changing India....
- EDUCATIONAL THOUGHS OF MAHATMA GANDHI AND RAJIV GANDHI. Sunita, G. Hiremath // Golden Research Thoughts;Apr2012, Vol. 1 Issue 10, Special section p1
In this study the investigators compare the philosophies of Mahatma Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi with regard to Aims of Education, Curriculum, Methods of Teaching, Role of teacher, and relevance of their educational philosophies in relation to the modern system of education, besides analyzing the...
- Gandhian Education. Gandhi, Arun // Encounter;Summer2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p14
No abstract available.
- SOCIAL STUDIES. S. W. // Education Week;12/8/1982, Vol. 2 Issue 13, p9
The article reports developments related to social studies in the U.S. Almost 2,000 social studies teachers attended the annual meeting of the National Council for the Social Studies in Boston, Massachusetts. The National Council for the Social Studies task force started to create a document...
- A Week in the Life of Mahatma Gandhi: A Lesson Plan. Koppedrayer, Kay // World History Bulletin;Fall2007, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p38
The article presents a lesson plan concerning the life of Mahatma Gandhi. It is posed that in this educational undertaking the students, who were made aware of Gandhi's adherence of vegetarianism, limited or stopped their intake of meat. Some of them also attempted to minimize their engagement...
- CORRESPONDENCE. Jansky, C. M. // New Republic;9/28/32, Vol. 72 Issue 930, p180
A letter to the editor is presented on the statement made by Indian political and spiritual leader Mahatma Gandhi regarding the so-called Untouchables, which he delivered at the Indian Conference in London, England.
- In this Issue. // Journal of the American Academy of Religion;Jun2014, Vol. 82 Issue 2, pNP
Abstracts are presented of issue articles on topics including the religious views of political leader Mahatma Gandhi, the self-formation of Christian martyrs in relation to violence, and Christian and Hindu fundamentalist critiques of the popularization of yoga.